ot polaris trail boss question

I know this is OT but i did post in the dirt bike group too. it is made out of metal, and will surely require welding at some point

I will be looking at a 2 stroke polaris trail boss for myself. the seller say sit has one problem it will need the toque converter finger replaced, he said its no big deal and the part is under $30.00. Anyone in this group have any idea if this could be true? I have done work on most anything but not one of these. He said it keeps the flywheel balanced? hard to picture in my mind.

Reply to
wayne mak

Sounds like you're looking at one of the belt drive models. I have a similar torque converter on a old Honda Odyssey, but don't know a whole lot about Polaris. You might want to ask this over at alt.atv.

Reply to
Gary Brady

Those torque converters are virtually identical to Polaris snowmobile transmissions. The "finger" is usually called a "flyweight" on snowmobiles or a "cam arm" on ATV's. The cam arms aren't really a "wear" item... for one of them to be bad probably means that the bushings, pins, and/or rollers in the clutch are shot. The clutches are generally "rebuildable" if they aren't run too long with worn out parts. A new clutch is probably $350.

Reply to
David Courtney

A good friend is a Polaris mechanic. He recommends to stay far away from their older models. Lots of major things break on them.

Bob

Reply to
rleonard