OT Quotation Needed

Aw Yess on a tile floor in Herculenium (sp?) :-)

...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

" The meek will inherit the earth ...but not it's mineral rights" JP Getty

" Do unto others before they do unto you" unknown

Reply to
Andrew V

Do not anger a dragon, for they find you crunchy and good to eat.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Ben Franklin

Reply to
Gunner

Official Project Stages:

  1. Uncritical Acceptance
  2. Wild Enthusiasm
  3. Dejected Disillusionment
  4. Total Confusion
  5. Search for the Guilty
  6. Punishment of the Innocent
  7. Promotion of the Non-participants
Reply to
Phil Kangas

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:51:55 GMT, "Andrew V" pixelated:

I've always loved that quote and its origin, but changed it a bit for the t-shirt.

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

Comprehensive Website Development ============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I thought PHD was Post Hole Digger...

-- Bill Browne Excalibur

Claims, Taft-Hartley Fund, & Pension Administration Software

Reply to
Bill Browne

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus. Moririturus Sum.

-- Big Egg Visit my ebay shop for welding and tools and stuff:

bigegg

That's if they don't have too much head damage.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get. So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

Reply to
John Flanagan

I have a few

... real change comes slowly because failure is more painful than reward is pleasnt.

Kevin Cameron in the October 1995 Cycle World, page 12.

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Bill Cosby quoted by L M Bond in the Thursday, December 19, 1996 Orange County Register

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln, as quoted by Scott Howard, snipped-for-privacy@phylo.life.uiuc.edu

666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

"Those in possession of absolute power can not only prophesy and make their prophecies come true, but they can also lie and make their lies come true." -- Eric Hoffer (1902-83), U.S. philosopher

"Integrity is like oxygen; The higher you go, the less of it there is."

Paul Dickson quoted in the December 25, 1995 "US News & World Report", p. 34

Those that expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine as quoted by Walter Williams in "Today's 'extremists' are in good company", in the June 27, 1996 Orange County Register.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

"a lot of people talk freedom, but when they see people actually practicing it, they get nervous - even dangerous".

Jeff Gum, quoting Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider '89 Hawk snipped-for-privacy@www710.gsfc.nasa.gov

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 Luke Seubert

There are two groups of people in this world. The one group wants to be free - free to do as they please and to practice libertinism, hedonism, and nihilism. The other group wants to be free - free to enjoy the privileges and to honor the responsibilities of genuine moral liberty. The former will never be free men, and if not slaves themselves - to themselves; will seek to enslave others. The latter will always stand as free men, though they may perish in defense of their liberty.

Gabriel Millerd | A political man can have as his aim the RLI Internet Services | realization of freedom, but he has no means to System Admin Attribu | realize it other than through violence. -Jean

| Paul Sartre

"Clever policy consists in making nations believe they are free." Napoleon Bonaparte

Reply to
frank

--"Blessed are the meek, for they shall make room for the ruthless."

Reply to
steamer

And lo, it came about, that on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:37:18 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking , Gunner was inspired to utter:

"Do not argue with the forces of nature, for you are small, insignificant, and biodegradable."

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Saw a pair of signs that had been cut in half and rearranged. The final results were:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for it makes them soggy and hard to light."

and:

"Do not throw butts in the urinals, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

Still, I always liked this one best:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of ogres, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

-- Mike Bartman

---------------------------------------------------------------- To reply via e-mail, remove the 'foolie.' from the address. I'm getting sick of all the SPAM...

Mike Bartman

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:38:12 -0400, Mike Bartman pixelated:

I really like that one.

I saw this in a gas station sit-down john in Yuma ca 1974:

"Caution: TRUCKERS, do not throw matchsticks into toilets. The crabs will learn how to pole vault."

- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques