OT Quotation Needed

Our shcool is going to have two new Assistant Directors (Principals) in a week or so.

For a chuckle I am going to make up two signs for their doors tomorrow New Guy 1 and New Guy 2. It doesn't take a whole lot to amuse me you may have guessed.

For #1 I am going to put "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here" under the name. What I need from you fellows is a good quite, saying, or other phrase for #2's sign.

Don't let me down!

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

Errol Groff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Arbeit macht frei.

Yup, that's me, goin to hell in a handbasket. Room for one more.

Reply to
Dave W

"Here, there be dragons!"

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Errol Groff wrote: (clip) What I need from you fellows is a good quite, saying, or other phrase for #2's sign. Don't let me down! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ There is a sign shop that I pass each day, with a sign on the building: "Free Quotes." Maybe you should call them.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Very droll.

Good thing I checked. I almost spelled that drool. Very different meaning!

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff

Errol Groff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I knew it would be over the top. I thought I would be the one to get it out of the way.

Reply to
Dave W

That darksome cave they enter, where they find That cursed man,... Edmund Spenser (1552?-1599)

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn

I don't know. The way the faculty in a lot of public highschools gets treated now days, it may be just the thing.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

"Yea though I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil 'cuz I'm the meanest SOB in the valley." from the one poster I remember from the seventies. lg no neat sig line

Reply to
larry g

High their:

"Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here" is what Dante claimed was written on the gates of hell. I think that if he were writing today he would be more likely to repalce it with "You are here in the interests of national security".

Mb-A

Max ben-Aaron

Death Before Dishonor!

-Carl "The man who has nothing worth dying for has nothing worth living for"- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Reply to
Charles Morrill

illegitemi non carborundum

Reply to
Buck L.

"Don't do anything we have to kill you for."

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

"let's get it on.'

Reply to
dann mann

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. And then there are the administrators, who can't teach.

Reply to
Ron Thompson

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:29:11 -0700, Max ben-Aaron wrote (in message ):

I haven't looked it up but I thought it was "Abandon all hope ye........."

Reply to
Roger Hull

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:56:49 -0700, Errol Groff wrote (in message ):

Fridays are like the Cavalry.......They always get here just in the nick of time". My original, permission to use granted.

Reply to
Roger Hull

Buck L. wrote: (clip)or other phrase for #2's sign. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ For #2?...how about "We try harder."?

Or, "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like bananas."

Or, "Sub ubi--semper ubi."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Ah, here it is:

"Lucre, non veritas!"

That's actually the Universtity of New Jersey's real motto.

Kudos to Leon Varjian and Jim Mallon.

Jim

jim rozen