OT -- recommend a book on history of Earth climate

Slide Rule by Nevil Shute. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

"The discovery of Global Warming", Spencer Weart

sidd

Reply to
sidd

On 22 Aug 2007 04:04:18 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@situ.com () quickly quoth:

One alarmist's view can HARDLY be called "honest and impartial", sidd.

What about _The Skeptical Environmentalist_ by Bjorn Lomborg? It was written about a Greenpeacer who gained enough knowledge to start questioning The Litany.

-- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. --Jesse Lee Bennett

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which, I'm sure, are right next to your Bible.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

As opposed to your vast collection of coloring books?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't you have a printer?

BTW: I caught a wheeled laptop desk for your bed for $20 at a Walgreen's sale recently. I am going to make an adjustable bracket to use the NEMA mount on a spare LCD monitor, then use a regular keyboard and mouse while laying down on my hospital bed to elevate my swollen legs. I hate just laying there, doing nothing but stare at the ceiling, but some days I have no choice.

I enjoy reading the older Sci-Fi, up to the '80s. The monitor allows me to select the font size I want. The last book I borrowed from the library was set in a small font, so i had to use my flatbed scanner and computer to read it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You've seen what Video Eye has to offer haven't you?

They have an ad in virtually every issue of AARP magazine. A bit overpriced maybe, but might give you some ideas on making one yourself.

Reply to
Leon Fisk