OT: Reliable email hosting

I have been a Emailias user for years. They provide an unlimited number of email addresses that I can shut down instantly when spammers start offering to increase the size of certain body parts. Recently Spamhaus identified the entire IP block that includes Emailias is in as a source of spam. I lost several days of mail when comcast refused mail from Emailias.

I am considering other options and wonder what solutions the group has found successful.

Reply to
Usual suspect.

Earthlink - with shields up.

Send me a note and see for yourself

Richard

To Reply - remove the X - cause I'm still with Earthlink.

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Earthlink is good... But if you want to keep the unlimited e-mail account open, I'd suggest getting your own seb site and using a catch-all address option like I do.

I can receive e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@mydomain.com or even snipped-for-privacy@mydomain.com, etc. Limited only by your imagination and e-mail formatting rules...

The downside is that if I don't have SpamAssassin running on my site and some key e-mails killed, I get 3,000-5,000 e-mails a day. :)

With those key addresses blocked and SA running, I get a dozen with 6-8 being legit.

I have internet service through a major supplier but NEVER give that address out. I use my POP3 accounts on my $4 a month web site for all e-mails...

I'm registered as a re-seller somehow so if you want a quote at my cost on a web site hosting account, let me know... Just e-mail me from this message or reply here.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Running my own smtp server.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Running my own smtp server too...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I do domain hosting and could set you up something at a reasonable rate. I use it myself and haven't had problems in a couple years. All my "real" email comes in that way, the gmail is just for public stuff but I'll see it if you call there. Friends & family rate is pretty low, more or less cost-sharing. I have enough business clients to pay the real bills.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

As am I. It allows more creative spam filtering than when you are at the mercy of an ISP's idea how to filter.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Emailalias moved everything to a new IP address and the problem is fixed. Trying to contact a human with intelligence and knowledge at Comcast is an interesting and frustrating experience. Maybe someone else could solve that problem but I gave up after waiting on hold.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Reply to
Usual suspect.