OT - Satellite Photo of the Big Blackout

For those who haven't seen this one yet...

Have a nice weekend guys,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Could have been worse... could have been the Atlantic :-)

Mark Ramd RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

It is faked, very obviously

~D

The Hurdy Gurdy Man wrote:

Reply to
Dave

What's that Lassie? You say that The Hurdy Gurdy Man fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:35:31 +0000 (UTC):

It is. Try this one:

dan

I think I must now agree that that photo is a fake. I got it from a usually reliable source in the aerospace industry and didn't check it enough.

The only reference I could Google up to a "Geostar" satellite was its use as the name of a communications satellite company. Only two satellites were launched. One failed on launch, the other in orbit, and the business failed.

Sorry, guys..

By way of apology I offer a totally facetious picture sent to me under the heading, "Why the Grid Failed". See it at:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Power doesn't grow on trees ya know!!

Actually I bet that's somewhere in Brazil or something.. hacked together stuff like that.

Tim

-- In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!" Website @

Tim Williams

The time stamp is a stronger clue .... at 11:15 PM EST it was still daylight here on the left coast ...

Reply to
Bob Powell