OT - State of the Nation Speech

I believe exactly what I said Tony, go back and read it; trying to pay attention this time :o). Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Lessee. Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton immediately come to mind as impotent (except in his heart :o) and sleazy in that order. Not presidential IMO. greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

You must be referring to the "No Lies Left Behind" speach. Well what a stroke of genius to use a puppet with dyslexia so that you can tell when it decides to speak for itself. As near as I can tell we will get universal health care on the moon and we are going to search for Weapons of Mars Destruction. I still don't know if that is Precedent Bush or Defecit Bush but he is about as much my president as the Saudis are my ally.

4 more years 4 more wars. Do you think that after Israel gets done building a wall around itself we could just fill it with water?
Reply to
Beecrofter

This one issue can really sink him. Because the drug consumers are heavily weighted with AARP folks, and they not decieved by the "it's for your own good" dance. They realize that the drug industries have paid for his compliance on this issue and he has to try to deliver now - at the worst possible political time.

The employment issue is another sinker. He's forgetting about what Leona Helmsly called "the little people" who do tend to do a great deal of voting, overall. What gunner calls "the folks in the 'middle'" who do tend to not get a lot of media attention. Especially when they're out of work.

Jim

jim rozen

Screw the AARP (member that I am) - price of Furosemide 40mg in Canada is $68.52 / 1000. Shipping a few pennies. If you guys want a real eye opener, check out some of the Canadian pharmacies that ship to the USA. Prices are all over the map, but there are some gems like the Furosemide mentioned above. Your mileage may vary.

Regards,

Marv

jim rozen wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

The reason we find those virtues embarrassing is because we fail to elect people to office who display any of those virtues. Just look at our current President for example. At least we have the decency to be embarrassed. Be thankful for small favors.

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

Care to break those down and give us your opinion of why Bush fails each one?

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

Well the Dems have been saying they'll give it to us for half a century now and they've had the reins a big chunk of that time. Where is it? May as well be on the moon :o). If you believe any of the shit spewed by any politician, you're nuts. Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

I voted for Bush, now i'm wondering if it is possible for Algore to be worse.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Yes.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

Well, it's certainly possible to be worse. I don't know whether Gore had it in him to achieve that or not, but we do have at least one ally left, and there are a lot of countries still out there to invade. Some of us remain employed, and the president hasn't simply shut down the courts as an exercise in "preventing terrorism."

Sometimes you just have to look on the bright side.

"George W. Bush in '04 -- hey, things could be worse!"

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

Unfortunately, I think the answer is yes. Not in the same ways, or on the same issues, but overall worse for America.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman