Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.

http://www.bing.com / supposedly Microsoft's attack on Google's search engine.
OK, so I tried searches on Dontronics:
web:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=dontronics&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all
images: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dontronics&FORM=BIFD geez there are images I had forgotten about, as I hadn't seen them, or used them for years.
videos: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dontronics&FORM=BVFD same again, didn't know I had them. Hover over them, and they play. Click on them to play in larger screen mode, at the original site.
What I ask, is how come they got the domain Bing? Must have paid plenty for it, or reserved it years ago, as 4 character domains are almost impossible to get now, even ones that don't make sense.
Don...
--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

The Wayback machine shows it had a couple of lives and was parked for a while between Jul 2003 and Feb 2008. Here's one previous life:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070113223154/http://bing.com /
-- Chris Burrows CFB Software Armaide v2.0: ARM Oberon-07 Development System http://www.cfbsoftware.com/armaide
Don McKenzie wrote:

This one is an acronym - Bing Is Not Google, But Its Not Google or something like that

Perhaps: Microsoft Bob is not Google ==> Microsoft BING? Be afraid, be very afraid ... ;-)
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Rich Webb wrote:

Maybe it installs in a directory named 'Bada'
On 03/06/2009 Don McKenzie wrote:

. . .
A "Bing" in Scotland is a waste tip. Usually the material which comes out of a coal mine.
http://www.snh.org.uk/publications/on-line/advisorynotes/50/50.htm
Seems like a very appropriate choice of name to me.
--
John B

John B wrote:

'Bing' is a popular variety of cherry in the US, where Microsoft is based.
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=bing+cherry&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

I grew up in Washington State, but now live in the Philippines.
Very few, if any, know the names of fruits grown in the Yakima or Wenatchee valleys.
Can I be pleasantly suprised?
Regards, Ray.
none wrote:

That's up to you, but ripe Bing Cherries with good Vanilla ice cream on a hot day is one of life's real pleasures.

spamj snipped-for-privacy@blockerzetnet.co.uk says...

Bing Lee is true to his word then.