OT: Stouffers Family Size Lasagna

A perenial favorite of mine when I can find it on sale for $10 or less. Snagged one last night at Safeway. I had a feeling the box was a tad smaller, but didn't really register the thought. Home; the lasagna now comes in a plastic tray with film cover, not the good ol' aluminum-reseal- w/cover- in- the- fridge style. Also, it's about 2" shorter and mebe an inch narrower. Net Wt on the box is 57 OZ. Anyone got a AL tray version in the freezer they can compare the net wt on? I want to see just how bad I got ripped by the sneaky down-size. JR Dweller in the cellar

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

They did you a favor. That was some very expensive aluminum.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

JR North wrote: I want to see just how bad I got ripped by the sneaky

Ask one of the "stock boys" next time you're at the store. RR

Reply to
Randy Replogle

I don't have one in the freezer, but a quick Google shows reviews of "Stouffers family size lasagne with meat" at a net weight of 96 oz.

I'm guessing the new package is a little thinner as well as shorter and narrower----that's about a

40 % decrease in product. Same price? Some bean counter at Stouffers probably just got a big bonus!

Bill

Reply to
BillM

Not to answer your question but, we have a Stouffers outlet just South-East of Cleveland and I have purchased those for $5 each. I like their French Bread Pizzas, sometimes on sale for $2. I did check the freezer and don't have any. I thought I'd make you jealous.

Reply to
Buerste

China*Mart sells the "Party Size" at 96oz for ten bucks right now.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken