OT Surveillance Experts ? OT

They have some nice stuff . A little out of my budget , looks like they lean towards retail security .

Reply to
Snag

Ive got a 12gauge. One blast is all it takes.

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

(...)

My recent break-in was done by a guy who turned off the main breaker first. He figured my security system was powered exclusively by the AC line, apparently.

Heh.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

They have some cheap stuff, too. Very competitive prices.

Reply to
ATP

You might want to look into game cameras with IR lighting. I've never used one so take my suggestion with caution.

Wes

Reply to
Wes
*Snip*

Stolen?

H. :>

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

?

?hash=item58893f2189?>> ?

is anybody going to believe that some vidicon based camera with the fake wood panelling case is real or even still works?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

They just sold out of their two and four input video cards. I paid $12 for a four input a few weeks ago.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Pulled from service & replaced with CCD cameras. It was cheaper, when you guarantee a low downtime. No one would bother to steal old Vidicon cameras, these days. Most that I've picked up used had bad electrolytics in the power supply. A $2 to $5 repair.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Inside job?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Now Gunner's making death threats to teenagers. Very smooth.

Sure as long as everything you have built is made from beer cans.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Typical, you assume a blast in the air is not what was intended. Seems you have some violence issues to work out. Get therapy!

Reply to
Buerste

Usually a buddy of an employee. The guy on the video I had knew exactly where to go and how to turn off the cameras. I haven't had a break in for a very long time now.

Reply to
Buerste

Indeed. Isnt it fascinating what a fantasy world SucksRangers lives in?

Too bad its so filled with his hate, bias and bigotry. And on top of being mentally ill..its obvious to everyone that he is incredibly stupid.

Pity his mother hadnt aborted him when she should have. Im sure she has regretted that decision for many years.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:48:56 -0400, "Buerste" scribed:

Hah! I had some middle school kids grabbing my Netflix DVD's out of my mailbox, so I put a couple of medium sized snapping mouse traps in the box... Painted red, near the back... One kid got snapped. His mom screamed bloody murder at me too until I explained that mail theft is a Felony, and her little criminal was doing it... She backed off straight away!

OBTW: I told my wonderful mail deliverer before hand so she did not get snapped. She thought it a great idea!

Never had a problem since...

Fred III

Reply to
Phred

I use 2 video capture/TV/PVR cards. the night vision cam is a Swann. The software is freeware, HSSVSS. Works for me. I do have a proper DVR card, but it wants an Intel machine, and mine are all AMD based. A BNC to RCA adapter is needed.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

I am pro-life...but there are exceptions. Is it too late for his mommy to abort him?

Reply to
Buerste

Retroactive is good. After all..its the womans choice.

Does she need to borrow a gun?

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I have a mix of AMD and Intel-based comps , so that's not a problem - though the one I would like to use is an AMD processor . That's OK though , there's an Intel machine available for the task . And that one is set up for dual screens , one of which is my main TV set . Watch 'em on the teevee in real time , then call the cops to pick up the body . Tennessee has recently made changes in it's "Castle Doctrine" laws ...

Reply to
Snag

It's a good thing they did, Tawm. If the cops had caught you with that, the perp could have sued the company right out from under you.

I'm still waiting for the vaporizing laser which would reconfigure the perp's molecules into small puffs of smoke and ash which will waft away on the wind. Intruder? What intruder?

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques