OT-Taxing the rich

IMNSHO -- the US dollar does not appear to be under any sort of massive coordinated attack, but rather is committing suicide.

The major US creditors such as the PRC, OPEC countries and Japan are losing massive amounts of purchasing power because of US dollar devaluation [QE], and will lose even more if the Dollar loses its reserve status.

To be sure there are most likely groups and individuals speculating against the US dollar and US denominated securities by shorting and/or derivatives, as Soros did against the UK Pound, but as the Godfather says, its nothing personal, its just business, and while they are planning to take advantage of the situation, they are not [directly] causing it to depreciate. Indeed the speculators have no need to act as Congress and the FRB are doing a very effective job.

One red flag [as in run, don't walk for the exits] will be a shift in OPEC oil pricing from US Dollars to Euros and/or Yuan or a big increase in international counter trade.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Great post. However, nothing that you attributed to me was actually mine.

911 is your best bet.............
Reply to
John R. Carroll

I see you have maintained your selective editing skills. I especially like the way you pluck out of context and reassemble words and phrases, the mark of a true craftsman. Well done! Have a great life Ed!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

If I left your entire spew intact, it would just be more of the same.

As for what I said that you used as an excuse for your rant, that is 100% of it. Every word. It was exactly two sentences. Then you went nuts.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Tom, we'd all be happier if you just plonked him and forgot him.

-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Spoken like a true troll wondering why it is always so quiet in these groups, for him.

Need some links to this same comment to a few hundred different posters?

------------

Tom, we'd all be happier if you just plonked him and forgot him.

Reply to
Josepi

Who's "we," Larry? You and the other cullers who think it's a good idea to threaten elected officials with guns?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Onward and upward! Did I send you the link to my new website?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Greed and stupidity go hand in hand. What would happen to these clowns in other countries? Forget the wrist slapping, dust off "Old Sparky" and just give then a LITTLE jolt!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Not likley, after the bank forcloses and sells a home at a short sale they very often sue the former homeowner to recover any loss they suffered at the short sale. Typicaly the bank will sue just before the statutes of limitations voids the debt. They are giving people time to accumulate assets they will try to seize. Your gonna see a huge increase in these type of suits in 3 to 7 years depending on which state the debt is owed. Also a lot of that is being sold to collection angencies who sue at a later date. The scam never ends.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Gunner Asch on Sun, 03 Apr 2011 20:08:43 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Bunch of the Judges in Florida, are just flat slapping the Banks down, and awarding title free and clear to the home owner.

quote "Angry and exasperated by faulty foreclosure documents, judges throughout Florida are hitting back by increasingly dismissing cases and boldly accusing lawyers of "fraud upon the court." " unquote.

More quotes ""It's not that they [the judges] don't care," she said. "They have thousands of cases on their docket and it's the same thing over and over again."

Ongoing scrutiny by the FBI, the Florida attorney general, the Florida Bar, the media and defense attorneys has uncovered countless examples of forged signatures, post-dated documents, robo-signing and lost paperwork."

Oops.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"azotic" on Sun, 3 Apr 2011 21:51:59 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Right up until the judge holds the bank/collection agency in contempt, and voids the whole she-bang.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

That has happened in of all places Kalifornia.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Perhaps someone (Ed's mafia friends?) could send their boys downtown to knock off the dealers and steal their stash, then "invest" all of it into the bankers in questions' veins. 3 birds with one stone, wot? Dealers, badassbankers, and drugs all off the streets at once.

Works for me.

-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=========== For more on this point see

While the temporary inhabitants of Versailles on the Potomac have problems understanding what the word "NO!" means, the concept of a lack of money to fund the lifestyles and adventures of the rich and useless seems to be getting through.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Too bad that the era of consequences is long past. Oh well. I'm glad I'm old and won't live to see the new era of consequences...and bible thumpers think Sodom and Gomorrah were bad.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

China would line them up and shoot them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's interesting Tom.

The Bush administration took an imperialist stance, rooted in delusions of American exceptionalism. IOW, America decided to view itself as Charlie Sheen.

Because of America's tiger blood and Adonis DNA, the U.S. was too special to be understood by any normal country, so we decided to do strafing runs in our underwear before we had our first cup of coffee.

Karl Rove's secretive, post-reality, ideological hubris resulted in a credibility gap that the American political system has yet to recover from.

Dick Cheney's personal cornered-rat paranoia resulted in policies that ushered in a preemptive war on a sovereign nation -- and ever since, we are a nation that debates the merits of torture and lives in fear.

Neoconservative fiscal policies ushered in the fastest, most balls-to-the-wall economic calamities that have ever happened in America. American life, as a result, took on the morose character of the Bush administration: We became isolated, paranoid and morally bankrupt and ultimately broke -- a dry-drunk nation, in other words, that had totaled its car and lost all daddy's money.

The carnage we've been digging out from under for the last couple of years looks seriously like consequences to me.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

========

It all depends on who pays the consequences.

It does not appear for the most part that the people/organizations that "caused" the problems are paying the price, or indeed anything. From the viewpoint of America's "rich and useless," they have never had it so good. To be sure there were a few sacrificial scapegoats such as GMC, and Madoff, but the vast majority of people accountable are crying all the way to the bank, while the people they screwed over in the first place, take it in the shorts again and again.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Not really. Consequences are consequences.

15 million unemployed American's is a consequence.

OK, but Tom siad we were living in an era without consequences. You couldn't believe that and have a pulse at the same time.

It could be worse and might be. Here is an analysis of the HR 4529, known to the public as the Republican budget that Congress will shortly adopt.

John R. Carroll