Michelle pimping the airwaves

Disgusting. Michelle Obama pimping the airwaves for donations to a foundation for Haiti. Why doesn't she take some of her own money and pass it along? Or not go on a trip with her 200 person entourage?

Wait, I know the answers.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hillary & Bill allready did that photo op. How many haitions died because security shut down the airport for hours so bill could get a photo of himself unloading 1 box off that plane?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Obama and his wife donated $15,000 to help the victims of Haiti earthquake.

Ignoramus29432

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

A Democrat spending her/his OWN money?

Sheer, Stark, Supreme HERESY!!!

Reply to
Eregon

Obama and his wife donated $15,000 to help the victims of Haiti earthquake.

Considering that their net worth is likely to be at most a few million dollars (Obama family was worth 1.3 million in 2007), this is a substantial amount.

I donated $50.

Ignoramus29432

Obama and his wife donated $15,000 to help the victims of Haiti earthquake.

Ignoramus29432

That much? Gee...I wonder what their clothing bill was last month?

Considering they net about $3 million a year between them..Im very very not impressed.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

They probably shook down the WH staff and the Secret Service teams.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I donated $100. The dogs are eating leaner this month.

Shrug. Wife wasnt really happy either.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If they net $3 million per year, then $15,000 is 0.5% of their annual income.

For comparison purposes, for a guy with a modest $100,000 per year income, 0.5% would be a $500 donation.

This is a very generous donation by my standards.

Ignoramus29432

How did you donate? What organization?

Ignoramus29432

That $15,000 is a tax writeoff, and less than they waste any given month.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And once again the wingers show their disgusting lack of respect for anybody who isn't one of them. To borrow a phrase from Hillary Clinton, If Obama walked on water, the wingers would say "he can't swim."

Reply to
rangerssuck

That is a nasty comment.

All charitable donations are tax deductible. Not just this particular one.

Does it mean that the person giving them does not show generosity?

No, it just means that a part of the donation can be recovered as a tax writeoff.

Ignoramus29432

Assuming that a comment in this thread is true and they make 3 milion dollars this year, $15,000 amounts to 1/2 a percent of their income. For a regular person with 100,000 per year income, 0.5% would be a $500 donation. Not chump change at all.

Ignoramus29432

Barely a dress for Michelle. Or a suit for Barry. Chump change from a chump.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Or any given evening.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Red Cross. Perhaps not the best..shrug..but one that has spread the wealth around pretty well historically.

I was driving along a street and on the radio they were telling about where in the LA area were donation points. I drove to the closest and handed them a $100 in cash.

Ive been know to do this in other disasters. This is why I still not got the belt for my Clausing lathe. Shrug. It went to a better use.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Geen..so I spent $100 and I made $18k last year gross.

Will you kiss my feet for my generosity?

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Good for them. This thread is getting pretty ugly. That is so sad.

Wes

Wes