OT-Taxing the rich

And then charge the family for the cartridge. My family would gladly buy a whole box sometimes!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

A lot of people would pay for a box or two.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sounds like a shure fire plan for democratic clean sweep in 2012.

Maybe they can pass a law that prohibits anyone with less than a million dollar a year income from voting before 2012.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Polling data in the 70's indicated that 52 percent of American's favored increasing taxes on those in the upper income brackets as the preffered method of dealing with budget shortfalls. By 2006, that number had rised to the mid 70's and when Congress passed the continuation of the Bush era tax cuts, fully 80 percent of those polled supported tax increases on the wealthiest American's in order to raise revenue and reduce deficit's.

The polling questionaire was formulated to determine the public's preference between tax increases or program cuts.

Actual events over the last thirty years mean either that people aren't going to the polls, that politicians aren't paying a price for thier failure to do the public's will or a combination of both. I don't dispute the polling data. Public policy and the result is a matter of historical fact.

Given the plain result of what governance in America has wrought in the first decade of the 21st Century you have to wonder who in their right mind would vote for any Republican candidate.

The Bush administration took an imperialist stance, rooted in delusions of American exceptionalism. IOW, America decided to view it self as Charlie Sheen.

Because of America's tiger blood and Adonis DNA, the U.S. was too special to be understood by any normal country, so we decided to do strafing runs in our underwear before we had our first cup of coffee.

Karl Rove's secretive, post-reality, ideological hubris resulted in a credibility gap that the American political system has yet to recover from.

Dick Cheney's personal cornered-rat paranoia resulted in policies that ushered in a preemptive war on a sovereign nation -- and ever since, we are a nation that debates the merits of torture and lives in fear.

Neoconservative fiscal policies ushered in the fastest, most balls-to-the-wall economic calamities that have ever happened in America. American life, as a result, took on the morose character of the Bush administration: We became isolated, paranoid and morally bankrupt and ultimately broke -- a dry-drunk nation, in other words, that had totaled its car and lost all daddy's money.

For their part, Democrat's have countered this assault by their political adversaries with little resistance and the sort of policy drift effected makes them equally guilty. Chuck Schumer can only be seen as a big L liberal if you ignore his voting record in the Senate and he isn't unique in his party. He's really just a Wall Street tool. Toothless financial reform legistlation is worse than nothing because it creates the illusion of reform in the absence of actual reform. America seems to have plenty of money for tax cuts but in a time of high unemployment and a need for tremendous infrastructure degradation, can't seem to come up with the money to put American's to work rebuilding the nations infrastructure to insure future prosperity.

What all of our current crop of political leaders share is their sources of funding. The Ryan budget reflects this. It also reflects the view from above of who our elected representatives are truly in office to serve in their calculated political judgement. America's middle class doesn't vote in large numbers and once the few do vote, they are ignored until the next cycle.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

For you TOO! Some people don't like to be disagreed with.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I was agreeing with you. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I know, "some people" would buy the bullets to take either of us down because we don't agree with them. For them, violence is a first resort. I can't imagine that mind set.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Don't flatter yourself, Tom. I don't know any of those people and neither do you.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

There are some really sick SOBs out there. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ydndZYXqcXigDQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

I seriously doubt that there is anyone (especially in this group) who cares enough about either of you one way or another to get involved with such an endeavor.

Reply to
rangerssuck