OT Too Mnay Tools?

Saw this one, and thought MM - is this OUR too many tools?

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

And I can tell by his posture he's still short the one he needed!! Been there, done that!!

AND...... I hope I never get to where I spend so much on tools that I can't afford shoes either!!

Take care,

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

woodworker88

Whoever it is at least it doesn't look like he'll run out of "Channell Locks" anytime soon. I just wonder why a red handled AND a blue handeled set?

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

One's for the left hand, and one for the right! (Red, Right, Returning)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

You can't have too many tools until you collect all the various colours.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Bullshit!

Generally speaking, tools fall into the same category as clamps in woodworking. You can have ENOUGH. You can never have TOO MANY.

Reply to
Tim and Steph

And I thought this would a typical tastless RCM thread referring to the Reuters story at

Unka George

(George McDuffee)

Let us remember -- I against my brother I and my brother against our cousin I, my brother and our cousin against the neighbors All of us against the foreigner. Bedouin Proverb. Quoted by Bruce Chatwin in: The Songlines, ch. 30, "From the Notebooks" (1987).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Sure you can. When you no longer have a place to keep them. My retired dad told me today he was going to start getting rid of some of his tools.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

SNIP>

Reply to
Ron Moore

Well you have a point. You need a few extra to cut up weld to make that special tool for that special fastener that some b*st*rd engineer never considered how you might remove it.

As far as clamps go, I keep buying them and keep getting humbled by one simple glue up where I need one or two more. I'm getting smarter. I buy my uncle clamps for Christmas most years so I have a source to borrow from.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

And for those wondering what this is about.... Pilot's way of telling if another aircraft is coming toward him or going away. If the red light on the wingtip is on the right, then he/she is coming toward you. (May be the same for boats, but I'm no boater) Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

The same for boats, but Red Right Returning refers to the fact that red navigational aids are on the right side of the channel when returning to port.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons