OT True tale of British Law Enforcement

To our mates in the UK, Is it really this bad? If so, Im amazed and shocked.

My Family left in danger by Police > >(gun carrying druggies left to roam) > >6.40 PM Thursday 26 Feb 2004 Heard raised voices out back, looked out from >my office window and saw the same group of four lads who had stolen and >burnt the wheelie bins from the flats above the shops, which included the >same two younger lads who had tried to burn down the community centre ( also >videoed and reported See*). it's the same crowd who like to smash down the >fence surrounding the retirement home for the elderly and rampage through >the grounds and race motorcycles about the pedestrian areas whilst swigging >booze from bottles ( see **). > >Got video camera out and watched, first lads behaving furtively near corner >of foot path doing something with bottle, they appears to be making some >sort of crack pipe out of bottle and sharing it among youngsters. Phoned >local police station . No answer, not surprised. > >7.05 ish horrified to see one youth produce what looked like a small calibre >handgun and start waving it about, can see him loading the magazine and >feeding it into the pistol grip, made the assumption drugs + being stoned + >gun for protection = dangerous scenario Gun aimed at our houses and OAP >home. Dialled 999 at about 7.25 pm and told police tale of increased yobbish >behaviour plus arson, now drugs, plus staggering stoned gunman.( gun looked >like a small calibre 22.LR or 25 ACP semi automatic ) > >Cops said they would respond, > >Tried local police station again, no answer. > >Waited.....waited......waited .. No one came > >7.48pm no cops came, druggies staggered off waving gun about, I grabbed >video, got in car and went to police station, phoned wife en route she said >no police had been either to front or rear of house, or had called at house >itself, phoned wife again when I got there, still no police at my home. > >Told lady on desk that I required confirmation that if the police were not >going to come to the rescue of my family that I would take steps to protect >my family plus I had superb video footage of incidents, she made phone call >superiors in main control room and they told her which she passed to me that >they were readying an ARV because they did not want to send an unarmed cop >into possibly dangerous situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and someone would >come and speak with me. I replied "and who is going to protect my family >from gun toting druggies???? during this time". Lady made phone call found >out ARV was now on Elmtree, but left almost immediately to deal with another >call, not having checked if my family was safe, still leaving my family >unprotected. She was still trying to get a sergeant to speak to me but no >one came. Still no police went to our family home to see if my family was >safe whilst I waited and waited in the police station No one came. > >Desk lady kept promising someone would come and speak too me, I asked why ? >I simply wanted to clarify that the cops were not going to protect my family >meaning I would have to do the job myself, again she tried to get someone to >speak to me but no one came. She then said the ARV crew wished to speak with >me so I waited some more, then they decided they like everyone else did not >want to speak with me. At 8.35 I told her to forget it because it was >obvious the police were neither going to deal with the armed druggies or >bother with me. As I walked out she said a WPC would speak with me, I told >her too late I have a family to protect because the police could not do the >job. I also advised her I would inform the media. > >I also advised that if the same scenario occurs tomorrow I would take law >into my own hands to protect my family, went home phoned local TV station >who promised to come in AM. > >10 .30 pm still no police, crime scene covered in snow, crack bottle and any >possible evidence long since gone. > >9.00 am Friday Morning TV crew turned up to cover story. So did an old lady >from the flats saying she to had phoned 999 last night but no one came.( >Told reporter that I reckon if police got hands on original tape they would >" accidentally" lose it) > >10. AM Friday morning 27 Feb still waiting for >police......................... > >Police phoned at 11AM to ask if it was OK to come and sort the problem >out...On Monday next week. ( Expletives deleted) (See***) > >Over 12 hours since dialling 999 and still no police have called at house to >see if we are >alright..................................................................... >....... > >5.45 PM Friday I still have not seen a police officer, though they have been >rather keen since the media got involved to get their hands on my video, >more interested in saving face than saving life. > >Police Sergeant phoned wanting to get his hands on the video footage I had >shot, was slightly dischuffed when I told him the media had it. Did NOT >enquire as to my families safety only interested in tape. > >Still no one has been to see if we are OK. > >TV station phoned to say cops wanted the video plus the copy????, The cops >were sending a car from Police HQ to TV station to collect tapes, Reporter >and I wondered why they could not respond so quickly in sending a car last >night? ( bad publicity more important that protecting my family) > >Senior police officer phoned , very insistent that he needed video tapes, >did not enquire as to whether my family was safe!!!!, still no police have >been to my house. > >6.00 PM My tale made the main story on the 6 O'clock news, the police claim >they sent an ARV, they did, to the front of the community centre which is on >a totally different road to where the gunman and chums were located, they >were at least 200 yds away from them on a different street. They also >promised more patrols but neither Bev nor I have seen any police officers at >all. > >Nearly 24 hours after dialling 999 and still no sign of police coming to see >if we are OK or to take details. > >6.45 PM Friday 27 Feb > >Druggies walk past towards back lane, ten minutes later they come back >again. They have gone round the front of the Community Centre. I wonder if >24 hours is long enough for police to get ready? > >Now more than 24 hours after I dialled 999 I have still not seen a police >officer. > >. > >* Phoned local police office at time of arson attempt to tell them about >incident, lady who answered the phone told me that no police officers were >available that day in our area, I advised her to use her radio to pass on >details to police HQ, No one came not cops, not fire service , not >surprised. > >** Passed video footage of these incidents to police at half term. > >*** Sgt W phoned at 8 pm on Monday to say 3 arrests had been made, Cannabis >and replica gun recovered, enquired if there had been any >retaliation???????. Sgt W also enquired as to the where abouts of the >original video tape (See ****) I informed Sgt W that the police had >possession of both tapes which they had seized from TTTV . He informed me a >female officer would attend Tuesday evening to take a statement.( See *****) > >****which the "" Accidental"" loss of I forewarned the media I believed >would happen to help save public embarrassment to the police) > >*****Tuesday evening Mar 02 2004, Waited in as requested by Sergeant W for >female police officer to come and take statement, No one came. > >(expletives deleted) > >At about 9 PM on Tuesday PC A ( the only innocent party in all of this >continuing fiasco) phoned to ask if he could call on Wednesday to take >statement, I told him about Inspector promising Sgt W coming to my house >Monday, then Sgt W arrangements with me for a PC to come Tuesday night and >that no one had come ( Again). Poor PC A had not been informed or involved >in any of the events. PC A promised to call after I pick Thomas up from >school Wednesday afternoon. > >Wednesday PM PC Andy actually turns up to take statement. > >I honestly feel that as the Police are armed to the teeth and so are the >criminals, and judging by the results of the last 72 hours no sane person >can seriously object to public demands for an absolute right, clearly >defined set of rules that not only allow the public to protect their >families and homes without fear of unjust prosecution, but also allow us >access to the tools needed to do the job. > > >

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

There was another old tale circulating, about a gent in the same situation. He called the cops back and said 'never mind, cancel the response, I just went out and shot them.'

At which point the police showed up in force. "I thought you told me there was nobody available to investigate this," the homeowner said.

Jim

jim rozen

That story was lifted straight off one of our (fictional) TV programs.

John (UK)

Reply to
John Manders

American Police motto: "Protect & serve"

British Police motto: "There's nothing we can do"

Reply to
PR

But, keep in mind that it isn't guaranteed in any way, shape, or form. It is up to the individual to protect themselves. In this regard I do agree with Gunner and the NRA!

Lane

Reply to
Lane

But weren't you doing 36 in a 30 limit sir? That'll be £60 please.

John.LloydUNSPAM

It's a motto, not a promise.

Reply to
John Husvar