OT: Video Camera Monopod for Permanent Installation

This topic is somewhat off topic for this group but I have gotten good answers from the wide experience of the group members before. Please indulge me. ;-)

My church has started a video ministry to record the services and play them on cable TV and the internet. From our first few weeks it is obvious we need to build platforms 2 or 3 feet off the floor at the back of the sanctuary so the people's heads walking up and down the asiles don't get in the way. The platforms have to be relatively large to hold a standard tripod. It seems to me the plaforms could be significantly smaller if a shock-mounted monopod could be built into the platforms. I have googled a lot but have not found anything. Can someone please suggest a solution and/or link?

Thanks.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

You might want to consider mounting tripod head(s) on a wall bracket and using a motorized pan head

so your camera operator(s) have remote control.

And you might want to connect your audio directly into your PA system to for better sound quality.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Rod

Reply to
chips-'n-swarf

This was the original plan but $$$ have required voluteers running cameras.

Done. The electrons from the cameras drip off on the floor.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde