OT weed eaters

Good luck finding one. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore. The fact is that Ryobi sold the weedeater line and then bought it back so I'm not even sure who made the 4 stroke models since at one point there was two different companies selling under the Ryobi name. Looking on Ryobi power tools home page only shows 2 stroke models.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Karl,

I seem to recall TroyBilt looking like the same thing at Lowe's last year. I'm pretty sure Anderson's General Store in central Ohio carries them, so they might still have some if they've been discontinued.

Looks like I should try to find an "extra" powerhead, too. I've been using the Ryobi 4-stroke for about four years now. After the carb-screw re-tightening, (sometime last year) it still runs like a champ. The reason it works well for me is that the engine is run year-round, so it never sits for 6 months and gums up. (Plus, I use StaBil during the winter, too.) Have the string trimmer, old-style hedge trimmer, blower, chain saw pruner, recip saw pruner (takes sawzall blades), blade style trimmer, roto tiller and snowblower attachments. (All made of metal, by the way...) Still looking for the margurita blender and the skateboard attachments, though...

(snip)

Reply to
Chip Chester

This is the parent company that manufactures Ryobi lawn and garden products, including weed eaters.

The pistons are made on my equipment..OmniTurn lathes, in Aridzona.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

Yeah MTD owns most of the lawn and garden companies now days. However talking to my MTD distributer the other day and he told me the story of the Ryobi line being sold then they changed there minds and decided to get back into the weed eater business thus they bought back the rights to the name.

Ok. I just checked my MTD parts lookup and MTD made the Ryobi line from 2000-2004. All other years where made by Ryobi Technologies Inc.

I can tell you right now that when I see a Ryobi two stroke weed eater come in the door I cringe. They seem to be the hardest of any of the weed eater models to get to run right after they quit. Mostly due to there choice of carb design.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

I was wondering if it was still made. That Ryobi site sucked. I talked to what's considered the best garden shop around here today and they only carry one brand. It's a Japanese brand, Shindaou or something don't remember exactly but they consider it to be the best brand and have in house warranty repair. Not cheap though. $200 and up. The most popular one was $350. Doesn't do attachments except blades. I like that rototiller attachment. Now she's talking about hiring a yard service. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

My bets are that when MTD lost the Ryobi brand name they transferred the designs to the Troybilt name which they also own.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

just helpin.......

:-)

Reply to
Doug

Rx?U?AkÛ@?ïû+Þ)¹¸ªHZ? ?@??ºóZk?¬wÜ?ýûÎJ)mO²?7?%|?ÂÅG5³Ô?ÎR¤åBqZ½1òªõ?ËV9Äó??½ û½I?ýlè?q_ùd¡çøþô¼? ¦*¬{Ãâw2(®-TÒPàÞ:éüDæ`Y:Iä¸ÌYÑå û¢ê?[uW ÇÙmädÌåÉ*ÇöX?¯5«3Qñ£7þ?*MÓ??zE°øê?%?Ö_1??µ?ZÕy÷`[í< ?ÉIK?©~ü»×l-Ê1?}®v\QÒ?ÇigxN?fYmZØ.M^\/7Ì\vdA?«¡äìÝÈΡ??PZiÃ1?*¨Ìÿ?òÐ×êmù6ùû ð0

Reply to
snarl

I believe they are called "goats". Ive gotta poulan and it can knock down some greenery but my neighbors prefer goats and emu to get the job done. And the funny thing is, I live in San Diego about 5 minutes from downtown. DJP signing off

Reply to
daniel peterman

Reply to
sallym23

rabbits and deer can also eat some weeds and my garden.

Reply to
sallym23

Shindaiwa. I bought a used T260 a few years ago and I don't see having to buy another one for a long time.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

"Karl Vorwerk" wrote in news:mtEef.110099$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

I bought a used Echo GT-200CE at a church rummage sale 13-14 years ago for five bucks. It's still running strong. It looks similar to the GT-200R or GT-200i listed here - . Appears to be the same engine anyway. This thing has seen some hard use and all I've ever replaced were spark plugs, air filter, pull cord (wore it out), miles of string, and a couple of string heads. It starts every time on the second pull.

I offered to pay more and they wouldn't let me. They said that they didn't think it worked. It had compression and spark (ouch) so I figured I could get it running. It was the best five bucks I ever spent.

Reply to
D Murphy

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk