OT: Wrenchers Question

My daughter has an old Buick Century (ca 1995) with the little 2.2 'Duke'
4-banger. She dramatically overheated it, and cracked the block.
I have access to a (free!) Olds Cierra of about the same vintage with a Quad
Four DOHC.
Is this basically a drop-in replacement, or will I be better off finding the
exact motor?
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
It is not an exact drop in. Don't do it. You will regret ever having seen a quad4.
Lloyd E. Sp>My daughter has an old Buick Century (ca 1995) with the little 2.2 'Duke'
Reply to
Joseph Crabtree
Thanks. I may save the engine to build a gen-set, instead. What sort of problems are the Quad-Fours known for?
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:19:09 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" quickly quoth:
A quick call to any local wrecking yard will give you that answer, Lloyd. They know what fits what by selling things on a daily basis. If they don't know off the top of their heads, their interchange books will have the info.
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Had a 1986 Grand AM. Died an early death with rod knocking. 3000 mi oil changes. GM's other Vega.
Wes
Reply to
clutch