parting out cyberwave 300s

Well I got reamed on one of those ebay sales that said " it was running when pulled out of service"

So Ive got a Hobart Cyberwave 300s that I know is missing a fan and I dont know what else. So I am going to tear it apart and get what I can. Let me know if anybody needs boards or other parts. Circa 1986.

Reply to
Bill

Bill, where are you located?

Ignoramus31848

Gee, before scrapping a decent welder, you might at least try to figure out if any major parts are missing. Maybe the previous user took the fan out because he was only doing low-current welds, and hated the noise. Anyway, if the rest of the welder is working, it would be a shame to scrap a decent TIG machine just because a fan was missing.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Panhandle of Texas, so you must be right around the corner.

Reply to
Bill

I dont want to spend any money on manuals. I still havent got 3 phase power to test it. Its damn heavy and its taken up space that I can use for other things.

Reply to
Bill

Bill, I am curious, if you do not mind sharing, what is the ebay item number for this one. I recall a CyberWave 300 being on ebay for a while, but it is no longer in completed items.

I am interested in boards for it, if not in more stuff or even the whole unit (and I know that it is a parts unit).

Ignoramus5478

Ok. Now I'm interested. Cyberwave must be a newer machine than mine. Got any more details and possible price range.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

It was over a year ago. It was out of wichita kansas. I was picking up some other stuff in Kansas so it wasnt far out of my way. I dont know what the item is anymore.

Reply to
Bill

It is a squarewave machine where you can adjust the wave. I would like to get 120 bucks for it. Which is about a fourth of what I paid. (but I was paying for a functioning unit) You are a couple hours away from me. I am in Borger TX.

Like I said it looks like the fan is missing. If I had three phase I would probably mess with it. I can take some pictures if you wish.

Reply to
Bill

What is its weight, I would like to checkwith AAA Cooper. I have a cybertig with a fan.

Ignoramus5478

I am assuming it is about the same weight as the cyber tig . I used a forklift to unload. I would say its over 400 lbs.

Reply to
Bill

Sold. I can salvage a couple of parts out of it for my CyberTIG and pay for that so it's not much of a gamble for me. We'll have to work out a time for me to come pick it up. I assume you've got some way to load it (if not I can work around that as well).

No problem here. I've got three phase from the pole.

No need. Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Before gutting it..contact Dennis at

He has quite a pile of Cyber stuff out in the bone yard.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

drop me a line via email when its getting close to time for you to show up.

Reply to
Bill

Ok. Will do. Prefer a weekend myself if it works for you.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Reply to
Bill

I was going to ask if you thought we'd be able to load it on the back of a flat bed pickup. I'd rather not have to bring my trailer if I don't have to. It will mean lifting it higher though.

Actually if worst comes to worst I could probably build a set of poles to go on the hay lift of the truck I'll be bringing which would load it. That might delay me another week though (to have time to build them).

Short of some emergency coming up I was thinking this Sun. I've been waiting to closer to the weekend just to try and see what kind of schedule I'd have (It's really hard to for me to schedule anything in my line of work, everybody is always coming in with one "emergency" or another).

BTW my email address is valid. I was going to email you tonight to try and get some details worked out.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook