Right stuff is pretty soft - likely closer to 30 than 70. For 70 you will want urethane more likely than silicone

***
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I checked the data sheets and it looks like all the urethanes that they (Permatex) have a temperature limit of 180 degrees. I need something that will handle something closer to 275. Realistically, it shouldn't ever get over 230, but you never know...

Best,

Weyland

Reply to
Weyland

I just went through the durometer thing. Not having a clue what the numbers ment.

Go to

for foam. select Mil-spec.

There is a chart that shows all of the durometer scales & firmness rating.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

Excellent~! Yes, it does indeed help. Thank you.

Now... just have to figure out *which* durometer scale they're using for Buna-N O-rings...

Best,

Weyland

Reply to
Weyland

Shore-A it looks like.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

?!?!?!?

No offense, but I find it kind of hard to believe a Buna-N O-ring that I can pinch pretty well between my nails is rated almost as hard as a construction hard-hat.

... or am I missing/not understanding something...?

Best,

Weyland

Reply to
Weyland

my mistake , it is shore a .. see >

did not see the other post till today or i would have double checked

Reply to
c.henry