Pilot talk

Commercial helicopter. Army VN service in Ch-47's. (Chinook).

MM^^

Reply to
Mountain Mike^^

ATP-CFII-A&P

Retired- Bush pilot, Ag pilot, Airline Plot, now own pilot. Don't fly for anyone but myself. Teaching my kids to build and fly a plane. If you desire some interesting flying reading please take a look here. Very nice fellow who has flown in situations which would give military and Airline pillots a stroke for his whole career.

J. Clark

Different in a glider, push the nose down, gain about 15 - 20 mph, pull spoilers half, keep check on your speed and altitude, once you see you have the field made, pull full spoilers, or if too high slip like hell, if too low, dump the spoilers. Flare, should have full back stick just as the wheel touches. Surprisingly easy to put the wheel on the ground within fifty feet of where you want it to touch. Still doesn't guarantee you're going to touch down there, tho. Nothing eliminates the human factor. Brake on a Schwiezer 1-26 is the tire scrubber type, didn't care for the smell of burning rubber, didn't use it if I could avoid it. Instruction was still expensive, figure three tows at $40, another $40 for plane rental and $40 for the instructor. Do this twice a week. Shouldn't be hard to figure out why I quit. Flying my own was cheaper, but still had to pay insurance and tiedown, annual inspection and any repairs that had to be made. Not even mentioning the payment that had to be made every month.

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

Any bonanza is an nice airplane. I had a E bonanza many years ago. I had 20 hrs tt when I bought it, 9500 dollars. Id like to buy it back for that price today.

John

Reply to
john

I used to soar with the eagles 30+ years ago but had to give it up due to medical. Had 4890 hours, 603 hours green ink. When I had to quit driving them, I quit riding in them. I haven't been in an airplane since May 28

1974.

Damn I didn't consider my self that old until I read what I typed.

Reply to
Red Rider

"You are only as old as you feel"..... and right now I'm about 238 ! Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Commercial Pilot - ASMEL - Instrument Formerly CFI-AI ASMEL Formerly Air Traffic Controller ("Reagan Retread")

-jc-

Reply to
John Chase

My last logbook entry is Dec. 1980....

-jc-

Reply to
John Chase

That's weird my post your quoting never showed up on my computer. I figured it got censored or I deleted the post and forgot.

The only sail planes I've seen was a movie of them flying around huge mountains at something like a plane club back in the early 70's.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

We never worry about going into "engine out mode", it's the only mode we fly in. Not to mention when that sweet little instructor in the back pulls the cable release at 200' AGL and you have to do a 180 and land, usually having to slip to do it. Required.

Reply to
Nobody