PING: IGGY

Guy in my area, Muskegon, MI has a post for WANTED: a dodge power wagon or m37 military rim.

muskegon.craigslist.org/wan/3903944068.html

Has picture in post.

Didn't know if you had one or not.

Just thought I'd try to help someone out.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Thanks. I do not have one, But I do have a nice M923 5 ton truck for sale:

Great condition, everything works, very low miles, ABS, air brakes, great condition tires. Starts from the first crank. 14 foot dropside deck. $5000

You are basically getting a almost new commercial truck for next to nothing.

Ignoramus379

Nice truck. Think it will work as a interstate freight hauler?

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It will work great for local work. Including towing a biggish trailer with a couple of bobcats. I am keeping a longer one, M927, to use commercially.

Ignoramus379

Does it get better than 4 mpg milage?

Reply to
Karl Townsend

At the price vs. condition, does it really matter? No truck that size is getting 50mpg, so at the price you can buy a good amount of extra diesel and still be ahead. More importantly it's pre-emissions which means less maintenance issues and also it won't have issues with the high-percentage bio-blend that is all you find in some corrupt states now.

Reply to
Pete C.

Yes, 7-8 or so. It is a regular truck and has a regular engine, so it gets a regular gas mileage for a truck of its size. You cannot compare it to your pickup.

Ignoramus379

This truck is not exempt from the laws of thermodynamics, mechanics, and aerodynamics. Which means that its fuel mileage is similar to that of comparable trucks, by size, shape, and wheel arrangement.

It has a bunch of high end features that are too expensive to put in regular commercial trucks, such as dual airbrake system, 6x6, etc. It cost the taxpayers around $80,000 20+ years ago, in 1980's dollars. Then it cost a bunch more to store and keep around "just in case", upgrade with ABS, then it had a major facelift recently, and then it was sold to me with a lot of diesel fuel in the tanks.

Ignoramus379

I'm surprised. My 20 year old 1 ton delivery truck only does 7-8 mpg.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Is that a gasoline truck?

Ignoramus379

Gearing and top speed. That pickup is geared to get you to 90mph while the mil truck probably tops out at 55mph. Efficiencies go up with size too, a current 1T diesel pickup gets around 16mpg tops under it's rated GCWR (24k-26k typ), while a semi gets 8mpg at 80k GCWR.

Reply to
Pete C.