Plastic Washer

Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the
plastic one. Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess
which washer wasn't there. The plastic one that goes between the rear seat
bolt down tab and the fender. I paniced for way to long, and then I grabbed
piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. I actually
spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I spent
running around paniced looking for a washer first. LOL. Less than ten
lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.
If you have a tool you will use it.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
(...)
Good on ya Bob. Two Attaboys!
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
Coffee can lid and a pair of scissors..... Ken
Reply to
Ken Sterling
I've done that before. I keep trimming and trimming trying to get it to look nice and usually wind up with a wash 1/10th the size I need before it looks good. LOL. This time I used a but macadamia nut jar lid and a Taig.
Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe
I use a wood faceplate and two sided tape....
Reply to
Rick
Ha! Me, too. Actually, a masonite-faced piece of 5/8" plywood with another, smaller piece of ply glued to the back, which gets gripped in my three-jaw chuck. And I use a zip-knife blade for a tool. It cuts those can lids very cleanly.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Drill press and a file.
Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer
Dang it. I've had a cheap drill press for a decade too.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Milk jug and a couple of arch punches
Stan
Reply to
stans4
I'd be using my chinese gasket punches. If you use them over an aluminum score plate they even do a decent job of cutting stainless shim in a pinch.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Keep some bars of Delrin and Nylon stock along with the steel :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand