Plastic Washer

Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer for something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets lost is the plastic one. Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess which washer wasn't there. The plastic one that goes between the rear seat bolt down tab and the fender. I paniced for way to long, and then I grabbed piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. I actually spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I spent running around paniced looking for a washer first. LOL. Less than ten lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

(...)

Good on ya Bob. Two Attaboys!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Coffee can lid and a pair of scissors..... Ken

Reply to
Ken Sterling

I've done that before. I keep trimming and trimming trying to get it to look nice and usually wind up with a wash 1/10th the size I need before it looks good. LOL. This time I used a but macadamia nut jar lid and a Taig.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

I use a wood faceplate and two sided tape....

Reply to
Rick

Ha! Me, too. Actually, a masonite-faced piece of 5/8" plywood with another, smaller piece of ply glued to the back, which gets gripped in my three-jaw chuck. And I use a zip-knife blade for a tool. It cuts those can lids very cleanly.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Drill press and a file.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Dang it. I've had a cheap drill press for a decade too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Milk jug and a couple of arch punches

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I'd be using my chinese gasket punches. If you use them over an aluminum score plate they even do a decent job of cutting stainless shim in a pinch.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Keep some bars of Delrin and Nylon stock along with the steel :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand