Plastic Suppler

Can someone suggest a plastic suppler that sells small amounts of flat I need 8 pieces 20mm x250mm x5mm ideally in nylon or ptfe but would get away with abs or something similar

Thanks Andrew Bishop

Remove the obvious from email

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

In article , Andrew Bishop writes

Andrew,

Are you in any kind of rush? A friend in the trade has offered me a bunch of off cuts in various plastics. It's likely that something suitable will be in there, but I can't press him for delivery, IYSWIM.

You'll be more than welcome to anything useful as and when it arrives, just let me know.

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

J A Crew would be worth a try. They sell surplus material. Been trying to log onto web an hour this morning, still no luck. Cannot find their address.

They have a website, might find it through google.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Where are you? There's a place round the corner from here (Nr Warrington) which does plastics machining, keeps a fair stock of flat and round in various materials and will usually cut a piece for you. Not given away, though!

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

Try these, found the site its.........

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

buck and hickman sell plastics in small quantities and don't charge as much as my local plastics place, when you want a small bit that is..

I have the catalogue in front of me, can't see any 5mm sheet[most of the sheet starts at 8mm], they sell about 10 kinds of plastic.. they have 6mm ptfe sheet305x305 and it's 30quid, er sounds a fortune to me. if you don't use buck and hickman they are pretty good, i order stuff and get it the next day. I have been trying to sell them my old cincinnati lathe for years, it has a supplied by plate on it, funny thing is all the machine tools I have apart from the CVA have been supplied by Buck and Hickman..

-- richard

Reply to
richard

Reply to