Please help identify this object?

Can someone tell me what this gadget is?

It is brass, no markings found.

Base is 4 inches diameter

Turnhandle is about 6 1/4 inches across.

Is it a press for ? the bowl is shallow, but lipped. Maybe a nutcracket??

littlebird210

littlebird210

wrote: Maybe a nutcracket?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ My guess is that it is not a "nutcracket." More likely a nutcracker. ;-) It could certainly do that job, but I can't see why a nutcracker would be up on a pedestal like that. A nutcracker really ought to have a base that is shaped like a bowl, to catch the shells.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Reply to
MK1

The handle looks like it's too big for it to be "used" without being clamped down. My guess is that you have it upside-down... and that it clamps to the edge of a table or workbench. Maybe used by a cobbler or jeweler? David

Reply to
David Courtney

Looks like a tube patch press...

Reply to
kbeitz

Thety got rid of them several years ago. I think they sent them all to Iraq or was it Gitmo.

John

Reply to
John