Popcorn

Lately, I've been on a popcorn kick. I only make popcorn in a pan with Canola oil. I didn't like the "chew" of fresh, hot popcorn and won't eat the microwave versions. I figured it must be the moisture content so I laid the popcorn out on a cookie sheet, added butter and salt and baked at 350 for ten minutes. It comes out hot and crisp! i also run my kosher salt in a mortar and pestle so I only use a tiny bit. Any other popcorn tricks?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I use a hot air popper, butter with Red Hot sauce in it and some three cheese blend and a hint of seasoned salt.

Reply to
Steve W.

1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened 4 strips bacon, chopped.

  1. Combine ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.

2 Melt and pour into spray bottle. 3 Refrigerate unused portion for future use.

Spray onto popcorn, salt to taste.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Azotic

You could spray that on dog shit!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Parmesan cheese is worth a try.

Reply to
gray_wolf

I gave up popcorn due to GMO corn allergies and hating to always be picking kernels out of my teeth.

Try Simply 7 Hummus chips.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Look for the "NON GMO" label. Blade of green grass with a butterfly... Jolly Time is one brand to look for.

Organic is supposed to be non GMO as well and one of the few reasons to trust FDA organic. Rainforest Alliance is a more trustworthy certification if organic is important.

Now I want popcorn!

Reply to
William Bagwell