PortaBand models durability

Here's a question for you Porter-Cable bandsaw guys. A while back I bought an ancient model 725 (still a current model--regular size, horizontal motor). It now needs about $50 in parts, so I just bought a nearly-new model 7724 (deep throat, vertical motor) for $75.

What's the reliability/usability comparison? The new one hasn't arrived yet. Would it be worth repairing the old one and selling the new one, or is the bigger model just as good? I'd sell the old one for parts in that case.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

We have one of each of these at work. The older model Porter Cables will last for many years, these newer ones seem to get a year or so on them and start having problems right away. I used to be a Porter Cable buyer, but after a couple dud drills and battery operated tools I have went to Dewalt and Milwaukee. I have a Milwaukee portable bandsaw and really like it and it has held up well.

tim

Reply to
TSJABS