Possible to convert t-12 suspended ceiling lights?

I found a lot of used older florescents that were in a suspended ceiling in a lumber store. I bought this winter about 10 plug in t-8 lights that just hang on chains. (shop lights). Would it be ossible to take parts of the older lights out and fit my T8's into the old enclosure if I ever decided to use a drop ceiling in my garage?

Reply to
stryped

Using my current lamp holders too I guess?

Reply to
stryped

yOU WOULD ONLY NEED TO SWAP THE BALLAST OVER AND RE-WIRE CORRECTLY FOR THE NEW BALLAST. (oops, cap lock off.)

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Just replace the ballast, and the lamp holders, and maybe the sheetmetal, since it won't fit the new lampholders. Sounds pretty easy to do. I think you can keep the chains at least.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Lamp holders should be the same.

Since T-12's are being phased out, Ive been replacing mine with T8's, I got a case of ballasts off ebay a few years ago.