Price Check?

I need some help pricing a lathe that I have to sell. It is a 10"X36" Rockwell. It has been used, but certainly not abused and it comes with all the basic accessories plus a bunch of extras. I believe that the model is 25-42X. That is what is listed on the back of the bed. I have no idea how to price this thing. I checked out what has been selling on eBay, but I couldn't find anything comparable. It seems like the individual chucks and other extra parts alone are worth around $1000 if sold by themselves. Is this a case where I could get more by parting the lathe out than I would selling the whole package? Where do I start on price?

Reply to
standebick

did a google search for rockwell 25-42x and got two results.

one ebay listing for $549.00 but the listing didn't say what it sold for.

one industrial auction listing for $1,250.00

Reply to
jackK

I have been looking at Rockwells myself. Seems like they go for less money than a comparable Atlas or Logan. They appear to be comparable in quality to a Logan, but much better made than an Atlas (but what isn't?. A lot of them came out of school shop programs, so there were a lot of them dumped on the market in the latter part of the previous century (Gee, that sounds odd). Parts are allegably scarce and expensive. I turned one down locally for $500 (I offered $400) but I'm about ready to go back and get it. It was neglected and had little tooling, but was working and had a taper attachment. Asking price was $700. The 11x36 variant is more common and commands slightly higher prices.

From your description, I'd probably offer $500 - $600 to start, and try to buy it for $800 or less.

Reply to
Rex B

Reply to