re logan

hi fellows, can anyone show me directions to install a brake to stop the chuck on my logan model 1920? thanks grace

Reply to
Grace Christian

Did you see the replies to the same question when you posted it on the

26th? Look for a thread with the subject "re: brake for logan model 1920".

Many people here only reply on the group so those might not have been emailed to you.

Reply to
Jack Erbes

Grace, this is VERY bad juju if you are using a chuck, as most brakes stop the spindle, and the chuck will sooner or later unscrew itself while stil rotating, and then it will ding the ways on your lathe, then attempt to chase you all over the shop. Been there, done that, have the scars.

It is possible to put some sort of pusher on your ways, to push a leather :shoe: against the chuck body itself, but it will be a kluge.

Gunner

"The people who believe that, as a result of industrial development, life is about to become a hell, or may be one already, are guilty, at least, of sloppy pronouncements. On page 8 of Earth in the Balance, Al Gore claims that his study of the arms race gave him "a deeper appreciation for the most horrifying fact in all our lives: civilization is now capable of destroying itself."

In the first place, the most horrifying fact in many of our lives is that our ex-spouse has gotten ahold of our ATM card. And civilization has always been able to destroy itself. The Greeks of ancient Athens, who had a civilization remarkable for lack of technological progress during its period of greatest knowledge and power, managed to destroy themselves just fine." -- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.

Reply to
Gunner