Rolling Mill

I'll be needing a rolling mill for rolling salvaged copper wire(#10-#14)
into flat sheets or bars. I've looked at Durston and some others @
The
"economy" model seems more in line with what I had in mind. Just pounding
the wire flat is not good enough. Any ideas or suggestions for a mill?
TIA
Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:42:50 GMT, the inscrutable "Lawrence L'Hote" spake:
I've seen some advertised on Ebay for under $200.
Reply to
Larry Jaques
I don't know anything about them but I noticed that Harbor Freight is now selling a small one for $190:
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
Reply to
Keith Marshall
Check with a jewelry supply house. Jewelers routinely roll silver and gold with hand rolls. If you find you are serious and need something powered, there's a very nice set of powered rolls that used to be available from Italy. Good supply houses should be able to help you in pretty much any price range.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Check out Rio Grande's online catalog
It'll give you an idea of the current price for a rolling mill.
OTOH if you're feeling wreckish, you could just make one yourself. Not hard if you've got the tools.
--RC
Reply to
Rick Cook
I have that.
I don't have that..
Larry
Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote
You might check your local highschool and see if they have one. Then trade some time helping in their art class in return for being able to use their gear.
I know the local high school here has a rolling mill. I smoothed out the rollers after some idiot kid ran a coat hanger wire thru it .
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
I found a couple of used ones here, no pricing though.
machineman