sanity check on selling milling machine

I have a OKK MH4P Horizontal milling machine that I am going to sell. It has a newall dp7 dro, a 20HP motor and weighs about 14,000 lbs. The table is about 80 x 20 and will support about 3000 lbs.It has no tooling or overarm . I am going to ask $2500.00 . Is that excessive or should I plan to strip parts and sell rest for scrap steel ? It is in West Texas. Just wondering what the collective thinks.

Bill

Reply to
bill

While crazy things do happen, in my experience a machine of this size and lack of practicality (not to mention lack of tooling) tend to go for little or nothing.

good luck Scott

Reply to
bigiron

Don't know the configuration of your mill but once bought a Cincinnati about the same size, cheap, and made up a set of overarms and a top clamp section. Worked great. Dennis

Reply to
rigger

Reply to
Waynemak

Making an overarm for it wouldnt be that hard. I just dont have any way to power the thing. Its actually a fairly nice piece of equipment. Mid 80's jap manufacture. Its going into the thriftynickel next week for two weeks. If it doesnt sell then Ill pull the DRO and other pieces and scrap it out. May be I can get 5cents a pound.

Reply to
bill