SF Bay Area Combat Robotics Building Course

I am teaching a hands-on class called "Robot Challenge" at the College of San Mateo in the San Francisco Bay Area which teaches people to build their own 12-pound fighting robots from scratch, using a wide variety of metal working tools, equipment and techniques.

I am mentioning it in this newsgroup because the facility in which the class and labs are held is very well supplied with metal working tools and equipment, and anyone on this list who lives near the College of San Mateo should consider taking this class just to get access to the equipment.

The class begins on June 14 and is held each Monday night from 6:00 to

10:00 PM for 10 weeks long and costs $149, including the class and lab fees. There is no prerequisite to take this class and you can be a complete novice with no metal working or mechanical skills. You get access to any of the equipment that you need to use, and you will receive instruction and safety checkout on the equipment.

For more information, please see the class web site at:

On the web site there is a page called "CSM Facilities Tour" page with photos of some of the equipment that might pique your interest.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

Reply to
CSM Robotics

--Unsolicited testimonial time: I took the class first time around and it was a hoot! I'm taking it again cuz I'm planning to build a small electric trike, using stuff from a middleweight bot that I'm building concurrently. Nice shop they've got at the college, heh.

Reply to
steamer

$149 ...............That is cheap machine rental! wish we had that available in MN.

Reply to
Steve Peterson