Shooting Star DRO - robust?

Looks like your domain name has been hijacked by some outfit calling itself Linear Measuring Systems. This isn't an ISP problem, it had to be done at the domain registry level. Raise hell with the domain registrar you paid for your domain name.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Gary,

That is the name of my company. I sell digital readouts under that name now. When I posted here earlier, I received some replies that the site was not up. I found that it was up for some people and not for others. It seems to be a problem with the DSN servers at Pacbell/SBC/Yahoo but I need to know if anyone else has had the problem and what internet provider they are using. If everyone with the problem is on the SBC and related systems, I can yell at SBC to fix the problem. If not then I have to go back to my web host and work with him to resolve the issue.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

I cant read it either..gives me a Cannot be displayed error.

Do you have a static IP? What is it?

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

No problem for me. I'm not sure whether I count as being my own ISP or not, but if not, I am fed by Allegiance Telecom (algx.net).

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Gunner,

Yes

67.52.154.40

Regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim

Don,

Thanks for the reply.

At least one person can see it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

running that with an http:// brings me to somebodys directory devoted to plastic models (Testors and Revell) and with the www, its another "cannot be displayed"

Im running Earthlink. Seems like the domain name servers are not passing it along or blocking it for some reason.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

Hey Tim,

I saw the message OK the first time the other day. I didn't realize you needed confirmation. Sorry. I also tried at least 3 or 4 of the links, and they worked OK too.

Take care. Happy Easter.

Brian Laws>Don,

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Gunner,

I think you are correct. What is strange is that another site on the same server is running without any problems.

Oh well, time to talk to SBC again.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

Id also talk to whoever did your domain name registration.

Gunner

"Cosmic upheaval is not so moving as a little child pondering the death of a sparrow in the corner of a barn." -Anouk Aimee, French Actor

Reply to
Gunner