Sorta MR - Looking for Small Engine Parts

This is sort of metalworking related because I'm about to *make* the flywheel rather than keep searching...

But I'm looking for a source - online or not - for a flywheel and coil for a Wisconsin Robbins WI-185 engine.

...You guys find all types of stuff. Who has a half dozen of these laying in their junk pile? :)

Reply to
Joe "Dufu"

Is same as Robin EY20 which may give you a few more places to look. But, Subaru has really dried up parts and it's >10 yr since production ceased on these so other than electrical and/or valves/rings/etc., it's probably going to be tough to find anything unless, as you say, you can find a junker somewhere to salvage from.

Reply to
dpb

Did not know that the Robin EY20 is the same. Will look into that.

eBay has parts, but as most of us have learned, a solid source is better than eBay any day.

Reply to
Joe "Dufu"

Robin parts were available from Wisconsin engine dealers as the later Wisconsins were Subaru built.

Reply to
clare

jackssmallengines.com has at least some stuff to keep one going (electrical, etc.) and minimal rebuild (rings, valves, etc) but nothing in big pieces at least in stock. Might check with them if there's any source for such. I've always had great luck with them as far as being reliable for what they say they'll do.

Then it's always check with the local Wisconsin distributors (presuming there are any) and see if they've got any sources. I've a 30-yo JLG manlift w/ an old (well, same age :) ) Wisconsin in it. One of the local oil service outfits is able to get what there is from Wisconsin for it so you may want to consider those kind of offbeat suppliers of whatever sort there may be where you are.

Reply to
dpb