Sorta On Topic and OT: Press Release Critique Anyone?

I've got a press release four our metal drilling heads I'm going to send out to a major magazine Friday as they requested a quick write-up of our product for a future issue.

They aren't looking for an article as much as a blurb and picture.

Anyone willing to receive a private eMail and provide critique on the write-up and photos I created? The photos are JPG and not too huge. Probably less than a meg when sent together.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

Joe AutoDrill

It's On topic Joe.

Post it here. I'd like to read it and I expect others would too.

And heck, if you want critique, there's no worse^H^H^H better place to post something than Usenet.

Reply to
George

Thanks. I'll post the text below. The images can be eMailed to folks who want to critique them. i.e. I added background color, etc. Its going to a full color magazine that spotlights products on a 1/2 or 1/4 page. If the text is good, they use 1/2 text, 1/2 image, etc.

LOL. usenet is like a bar. Some people are nice, some are nasty and some are just plain drunk.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

*** TEXT FORMAT RELEASE START ***

New Product Release:

AutoDrill introduces a fast low cost method to drill multiple hole patterns. Our affordable, made to order, fixed or adjustable pattern Multiple Spindle Heads can increase drilling efficiency many times. They are now available for both automatic and manual drilling equipment including drill presses, milling machines and a number of other platforms.

Single spindle drilling of multiple hole patterns require complicated and costly fixtures or multiple steps to drill closely spaced hole patterns. Our fixed and adjustable pattern multiple spindle head attached to a drilling machine can perform the pattern in one step. Besides the multiple increase in production there are additional benefits. Setup and operation errors are virtually eliminated. Stack-up tolerances are no longer a potential problem and less frequent tool changes are needed.

These gear driven Multiple Spindle Heads are constructed with efficient helical gearing for high spindle speed ratings and less noise. Full ball and needle bearing construction is used throughout for heavy production operation. Readily available precision ER style collet chucks are built as part of the spindles. One-shot grease lubrication is designed into every head for trouble free operation.

AutoDrill manufactures production drilling and tapping equipment for industrial applications.

For more information, please contact:

AutoDrill

50 Division Avenue Millington, NJ 07946 Ph: 800-818-4180 Fax: 908-542-0242

*** TEXT FORMAT RELEASE END ***

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe I'm a marketing guy, and that looks good to me.

Rex Burkheimer

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:25:52 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

||> It's On topic Joe. ||>

||> Post it here. I'd like to read it and I expect others would too. || ||Thanks. I'll post the text below. The images can be eMailed to folks who ||want to critique them. i.e. I added background color, etc. Its going to a ||full color magazine that spotlights products on a 1/2 or 1/4 page. If the ||text is good, they use 1/2 text, 1/2 image, etc. || ||> And heck, if you want critique, there's no worse^H^H^H better place to ||> post something than Usenet. || ||LOL. usenet is like a bar. Some people are nice, some are nasty and some ||are just plain drunk. || ||Regards, ||Joe Agro, Jr. ||

[...]

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
rex

It looks fine, Joe. You could send that as-is with no trouble. If you want a copy editor's light edit, see below. But it's not really necessary.

Ed Huntress

New Product Release:

December 15, 2004, Millington, NJ -- AutoDrill introduces a fast, low-cost method for drilling multiple hole patterns.

Our cost-effective, made-to-order, fixed- or adjustable-pattern Multiple Spindle Heads multiply drilling efficiency and improve accuracy and repeatability. They are now available for both automatic and manual drilling equipment, including drill presses, milling machines, and other types of machine tools.

Drilling multiple-hole patterns with a single-spindle machine requires complicated and costly fixtures, or multiple steps, to drill closely spaced hole patterns. AutoDrill's fixed- and adjustable-pattern multiple-spindle head can drill a complete hole pattern in one step.

Besides multiplying productivity, it provides additional benefits. Setup and operation errors are virtually eliminated. Positioning errors don't stack up as they tend to do when holes are positioned and drilled one at a time; the relative positions of the drill bits are the same every time. And toolchanges are much less frequent.

These gear-driven Multiple Spindle Heads are constructed with efficient, helical gearing. They're smoother, they have higher spindle-speed ratings, and they're less noisy than straight-cut gears. Full ball- and needle-bearing construction is used throughout for heavy, production-type cutting. Readily available precision ER-style collet chucks are built into the spindles. One-shot grease lubrication is designed into every head for trouble free operation.

AutoDrill manufactures a variety of production drilling and tapping equipment for industrial applications. For more information, please contact:

AutoDrill

50 Division Avenue Millington, NJ 07946 Ph: 800-818-4180 Fax: 908-542-0242
Ed Huntress

Thanks to EVERYONE who replied here and privately. Got some really good tips on both the photos and the text.

I suppose I'm being too picky, but while the business has slowed down for teh holidays, I've gotta find something to do when I'm waiting for loc-tite to dry, etc., right?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe