Source for window sealant

I have not had that problem.

But they do not work on aluminum frame windows.

Check with your glass supplier. They sell double back tape for use in replacing windows.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

" snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" fired this volley in news:746a3411- snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

Dan... The poster asked about re-working wooden windows, and asked about substitutes for glazing putty.

Not aluminum. Not PVC. Not even carved from Elk horn. Wood.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

You can rip a thin strip of wood, glue it to the aluminum frame, and use th= e points. It sounds like too much work, BUT the wood supports heavy (double-pane sand= wich) glass better than securing it with tape, and covers any and all blemishes/s= eams in the aluminum joints. Especially for my tilt-out windows, with metal s= crews that could contact the glass, that wood spacing is key. I bore holes in th= e wood where the screws penetrate, of course.

Reply to
whit3rd

You are right. I was thinking of some thermopane windows I replaced.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Why not talk to 3M's tech people. They probably made it. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk