South Bend 15" Lathe Weight

I would say about 2000#

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I just purchased a 15" SB lathe and was wondering what is the weight of the lathe? My forklift is out for repair and I need to rent some type of trailer to handle it. Thanks Steve

Reply to
gtslabs

I have a web page devoted to listing used machine tool weights for the purpose of calculating shipping costs, located here:

It's very out of date (specifically the email address) and I have no entry for a 15" South Bend. Sorry. When someone answers your question I'll update the page and add the new info.

Reply to
Artemia Salina

With about a 2' to 3' CtC distance I'd guess around 1000 to 1500# on either legs or a stand. dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Southbend describes a 15 1/4" lathe with weights as follows (on skids, crated):

5' 1350 6' 1425 7' 1500 8' 1650 10' 1900

Southbend used the total length of the bed, so the 5' lathe above will take about 2' between centers.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Smith