stainless welding i did it good

I made some parts i thought i would have to get someone else to weld them turns out i got some welding rods from a auction thay worked great my weld looks like there sample . Do all stainless rods work this well??? I have been making things stick together for 35 years and never had this great of an experiance??

Reply to
HaroldA102

Not all stainless rods work that well, but a good percentage of them do. I worked for one gentleman who would do some stainless steel jobs at close to cost because he enjoyed using the rods so much. If you choose to use stainless electrodes, the slag coating on the weld can sometimes be "actively self cleaning". As the weld cools, the hot slag coating will pop off the weld. It usually happens about the moment after you decide to lift up your welding helmet.

Reply to
Wayne Bengtsson

Yes thats what happens slag in the face now i flip it over befor that happens

Reply to
HaroldA102