Stop smoking advice needed



Read the more recent in-depth reports on them. The honeymoon's over.
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:36:36 -0700, Larry Jaques

Which reports, by whom, and with what financial conflicts of interest? I like the one by the Royal College of Physicians who state "However, the hazard to health arising from long-term vapour inhalation from the e-cigarettes available today is unlikely to exceed 5% of the harm from smoking tobacco."
Or if you want something from this side of the pond, "The evidence therefore supports a conclusion that the chronic toxicity of nicotine in amounts ordinarily ob-tained in common forms of tobacco use is very low indeed."
Not recent, but just as true today as is was back in 1964. Chapter 4 page 32 of the original Surgeon General report, page 41 of the on-line .pdf
Sorry but Iggy is no "iggy"!
--
William

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/21/2018 12:03 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Common sense solutions that normal people usually find quite easy to implement naturally are not going to be easy for a lifelong dole-scrounging chiseler like you.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

That's only true if you are incapable of making a decision. If you are lying to yourself about wanting to stop, it will be hard. If not, it won't. As a person familiar to Zen, this should be a piece of cake. Then again, it's harder if someone else smokes around you constantly. Still, it's a decision, a logical zero or one. Choose, Grasshoppa.
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:41:18 -0700, Larry Jaques

There can be no doubt about that. He can't even decide to cull the newsletters etc that are choking his inbox to the point his email account is useless.

If? IF? Too funny.

In what reality is Wieber "familiar to Zen?" JFC you're as nutty as Wieber.

Bwahahaha! At least a 10 year old piece of cake so far! And you've probably been giving him advice about how to quit for that long. See a pattern?

He used to blame his inability to quit on his wife's smoking. But now her monthly checks are preventing the shit wagon from grinding to a halt.

He chose a long time ago. As did you - to support a deadbeat no matter the absurdity of it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

You really don't want to quit, so I rest my case.

It's easier with simple habits, silly boy.
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/22/2018 6:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

No, he's right, Wieber. You don't want to quit.

Pretty much, you deadbeat dole scrounger.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/22/2018 9:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

No, you're wrong, Wieber, as you are wrong about everything. You say you want to quit smoking, but clearly you don't. I know about this stuff. Both of my parents died from smoking-related illness. My brother smoked heavily for forty years, quitting cold turkey at age 58 - because he wanted to quit and so he quit. My sister, who has frequently said she wants to quit, still smokes at age 60 - because she doesn't really want to quit.
You don't want to quit. If you did, you would have done by now. You've had cardiac bypass surgery, in your 50s. Your doctors all told you to quit. You haven't quit. That's because you don't want to quit. That's because you're stupid.

It doesn't matter who I am, dole-scrounging Wieber. What's important is what I am. What I am, dole scrounger, is your better - your better in every dimension.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/23/2018 7:35 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

You know it's true, Wieber. You're a loser at everything.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/23/2018 10:05 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

You're a loser, Wieber - a loser, a dole scrounger, a chiseler, a con man.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

You might want to review that "in combination with" as I read somewhere it was very easy to overdose on nicotine. See https://www.livestrong.com/article/84402-dangers-smoking-wearing-nicotine-patch/
--
Cheers,

John B.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Im almost positive that no amount of nicotine is too much for me anymore. As soon as I find a decent job so I can afford the smokes Im going to stop trying to quit. In the meantime I may quit another 23 times or however often I run out of cash......shrug.
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/21/2018 7:11 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Good thinking.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Aw shucks. Thanks. I dont mention it very often but I do have a 165 IQ.....shrug. Some day I will use it to figure out why I never have any money. There must a logical explanation. If anybody has fellow genius Steven Hokkins email addy I might ask him to put his mind to work on the problem.
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:40:20 -0500, Ignoramus11502

This is what second son claims. In my personal case, the price went sky high in early 1993 and I had lost a couple friends to lung cancer so I got a prescription, put the last half pack in the freezer and the patch on my arm. Strong determination (Bullheadedness according to SWMBO) and a whole lot of luck and I haven't had a cigarette in over 25 years. Of course I could go back at any time but hopefully not. I think someone finised off that half pack - at least it wasn't there when the fridge died a couple years latter. I still enjoy an occasional whiff of second hand smoke but so far so good.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I dont see taking a break from quitting as failure. Its only temporary until I quit again.

Ive gone that long many times when cash was tight...shrug. The problem is then I come into some dough and feel entitled to some pleasure. Now I have to decide if Id rather keep renting and enjoy myself or save some money and buy a house but be miserable. Its a shitty choice but Im sure that eventually Ill find a solution.
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 20 May 2018 16:58:12 -0700, Gunner Asch

The only real solution is to make up your mind "THAT YOU ARE GOING TO STOP", and then doing it. This "well, I'll quit for a little while", does exactly that. You quit for a little while.

--
Cheers,

John B.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Nope.
Facts:
1. It's an outright lie to pretend that a dumpy mobile with negative equity on a rented lot counts as home ownership. And the topper is that you're behind on the rent!
2. You're effectively a squatter because your creditors own the mobile to the extent that you can't sell it. Any buyer would have to pay off ALL the debts first, which would never happen. You owe Kern County alone more than the rotting POS is worth. $23 grand in unpaid property taxes! http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER 930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
3. If you're lucky, <chuckle> neither the landlord or the County or any of the other creditors will kick you out of that shithole before you die. At which point you'll leave a widow with an impossible mountain of debt.
What brand of conservatism do you call that?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/21/2018 2:34 PM, Carries On wrote:

Yep.

LOL! The back taxes exceed the value of the pre-fab.

Mark Wieber is a socialist.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

And you seem to forget that everybody knows you're an incompetent liar.
<2017> "I choose to not pay my property taxes, and only do so when forced to do so" https://groups.google.com/forum /#!original/rec.crafts.metalworking/eHONhUwqdI4/9RONLpH5EAAJ
                 

Bottom line: "Total Amount Now Due $22,918.53" http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payment/ATNDetails.aspx?NUMBER 930320008&NUM_TYPE=AT&YR=C
Not counting all the other liens and who knows how much unrecorded debt like the back rent on the lot.
Exactly as I said - your shithole is worth less than the liens recorded against it.

"My wifes medical bills are somewhere around $3 million dollars, all paid by the state, and mine are around $275ish, 000,00"
"My medical bills? What medical bills? I filed Bankruptcy a couple months ago. Phoof! All gone!" http://groups.google.com/group/misc.transport.trucking/msg/f58b373e0c864533
What type of "Conservatives" spend on smokes instead of insurance, and then suck up MILLIONS for their healthcare? A: Deadbeat phony conservatives.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.