Surface Grinder manual source?

Anyone have a lead for a manual for an "Abrasive Machine Tool Co." model 3b, surface grinding machine? This thing is at least 60 years old, but it works.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Try:

They ain't cheap.

Pete Stanaitis

-----------------------

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
spaco

$150? They must be stoned. I don't need it that bad.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Doesn't help here. But for my Deckel I wrote a gentle letter and got all the manuals for free.

is another source for manuals (not just lathes).

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Maybe $150 is a lot, but if the manual saves you from one mistake that breaks and irreplaceable casting, etc., it may be a long term bargain.

I am assumming that the original mfr isn't around anymore. When I needed manuals for my 1935 Gallmeyer & Livingston surface grinder, I contacted them and got a manual that they made up from scratch for $75. Since then (10 years ago), they have gone away, but I did find a 4th removed company that will talk to me and supply a few parts.

When I needed a manual for my 1940's US Machine Tool Co. vertical mill, I sent a request in to The Home Shop Machinist's "Third Hand" column. I got several responses, one of which included a complete manual. One response gave me a whole history of the buy-outs involving that company and where the "remains" are located now.

Maybe something like that will work for you. Pete Stanaitis

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
spaco

This company is long gone, and the name is now used by a chinese outfit. I can run the machine, after i do a lot of adjusting and lube, but the manual would make it easier.

Reply to
Stupendous Man