Surviving Nawlens

Just go watch the squirrelage:

Amen, Foamy!

This guy did what was necessary. Go, John! You deserve a medal, perhaps instead of Shrub's asshole appointee.

Larry Jaques

Smart squirrel -- has his nuts lined up alright.

Reply to
John Husvar

Holy cow! What a story. Tough to read through my tears!

Best line, I think was "The deuce makes a pretty good plow when you use a compact car turned sideways as a plow blade."

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

wow.

Reply to
Jon Grimm

But..but....but..he carried a nasty gun and shot at underprivileged poor minorities!!!! He may have done even worse than hurt their self esteem!!!!

Hang the son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

Gunner

Oddly, he never did identify them in any way as 'minorities.'

They just wanted his truck and provisions, that's all.

I bet they were suprised when he stood his ground and returned fire. Repeatedly. In that situation though a .45 wouldn't be my choice....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I think anything that goes bang loudly and makes little pieces of lead buzz by the bad guys ears in good quantities is appropriate. Most of the time I think that's all that is needed, unless you are bent on drawing blood.

cheers T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

You don't escalate to deadly force unless you mean it, T.Alan. Once the situation has escalated (deteriorated, if you will) to that point, shooting to scare is a losing tactic.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Amen.

Two (or more) to the center of mass is the only acceptable targeting in such a case.

Reply to
Don Bruder

What about two to the chest, one to the head?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

OK, OK, allow me to rephrase: Two to the center of mass is the *MINIMUM* acceptable targeting in such a case. Coup de grace is optional, depending on how charitable you feel after ascertaining that the target has been rendered a non-combatant.

Better? :)

Reply to
Don Bruder

Gotcha.

As long as it makes the threat to myself or my family become a non-threat, I'm fine with that. That is, after all, the goal. (It's amazing how many people apparently don't understand the difference between "shooting to stop the attack" vs. "you just want to kill someone!!!11!1!eleventy!1!")

Reply to
Dave Hinz

the underprivileged are minorities. No matter their color.

Or they simply wanted him dead.

Indeed. I would never have ventured into that shit hole without a weapon that could "reach out..reach out..reach out and touch someone."

Gunner

Gunner

Indeed. You always shoot to stop. While in this case the fellow managed to make the other fellows stop, there is a certain civic responsibility one has to ensure that the stopping is permanant and is not simply put on hold until the next visitor arrives.

One simply permanantly stops child molesters and arsonists, as they always strike again. As two examples. Or a rabid dog. One doesnt simply chase it away so it visits your neighbors.

Gunner

Gunner

Mozambique Drill is only required if the target is wearing armor, or you are shooting something with a very low stopping index.

Gunner

Gunner

Good to know. Hope I never need it.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Good point, I hadn't thought it through.

T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

Lets us all pray.

Gunner, been there, done that..sigh

Gunner

In my case that would be a lever gun in .35 remington.

I can't imagine a gun battle like that (I had the impression it was at 50 yards or so) with a 44 magnum, and .45.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: