Taft-Peirce surface grinder serial number? Year of mfg?

Hello, Anyone have a serial number book to look up the date my Taft-Peirce

5X10 surface grinder was built? Serial number is 2975 and I believe it is a model 100. Gracias, Honest Al
Reply to
Honest A Babin

1980

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Gracias Amigo! Do you happen to know what the last year of T-P grinder production was? All the best, Al

Reply to
Honest A Babin

1979 :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Last listing I have is 1983 #3150

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I have a Taft-Peirce No. 1 surface grinder, 5x10 table, 1/3 Hp. 3 phase

440 volt.

I also would like to know the age built.

K.O.Lee bought Taft-Peirce, the only documentation they have on my grinder is a poor copy of the exploded parts list. I have searched the web and was unable to find any additional documentation/manuals for it.

I would like to have a better understanding of how to maintain and use this surface grinder.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Hall

Got a serial #? #1s were last built in 1974.

Tom

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hello, I've posted a couple pix of my 1980 Taft-Peirce at

if anyone is interested. It is a work in progress but fitted with roller ways and one shot lube system we have possibilities for greatness here. Lighter than the earlier model 1, this machine has a base which is a very heavy welded steel fabrication with saddle and column of cast iron. I'd like to find sales literature and schematics for any of these Taft-Peirce machines. Health and Peace, Al

Reply to
Honest A Babin

Sorry, had serial number written down in front of me when I sen the request.

The serial number is 1375. This is for the No. !, not the No. 100 model.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Hall

Nothing for the No. ! :-) For the No. 1 that would make it 1952.

Tom

Reply to
Tom