Taft-Peirce surface grinder serial number? Year of mfg?

Hello,
Anyone have a serial number book to look up the date my Taft-Peirce
5X10 surface grinder was built? Serial number is 2975 and I believe it
is a model 100.
Gracias,
Honest Al
Reply to
Honest A Babin
I have a Taft-Peirce No. 1 surface grinder, 5x10 table, 1/3 Hp. 3 phase 440 volt.
I also would like to know the age built.
K.O.Lee bought Taft-Peirce, the only documentation they have on my grinder is a poor copy of the exploded parts list. I have searched the web and was unable to find any additional documentation/manuals for it.
I would like to have a better understanding of how to maintain and use this surface grinder.
Richard.
Reply to
Richard Hall
Hello, I've posted a couple pix of my 1980 Taft-Peirce at
if anyone is interested. It is a work in progress but fitted with roller ways and one shot lube system we have possibilities for greatness here. Lighter than the earlier model 1, this machine has a base which is a very heavy welded steel fabrication with saddle and column of cast iron. I'd like to find sales literature and schematics for any of these Taft-Peirce machines. Health and Peace, Al
Reply to
Honest A Babin
Sorry, had serial number written down in front of me when I sen the request.
The serial number is 1375. This is for the No. !, not the No. 100 model.
Richard.
Reply to
Richard Hall

Site Timeline