Taper Lock Bushes

Has anyone used plain adapters with taper lock bushes?

Here is a link:

and a .pdf of the plain adapters.

They aren't available in Australia anymore, I'd have to get them imported. I'm not sure why they haven't been popular. If they work well, I can't see any reason for not using them.

In the meantime I'll use weld on hubs.

I had considered machining the component to be mounted to suit the taper, but I think it will be much easier to buy the adapter part off the shelf.

Cheers, Dom.

Reply to
Dom

Do you mean these? :

Jordan

Not those, but similar ones. They are expensive and the axial shift makes aligning pulleys a pain but otherwise they're OK and they seem to take torsional vibration a lot better than setscrewed keys.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Hey Dom,

I don't recall the ones you reference, but I do see similar here with their mates under the Browning product line.

I've only ever used these "split hubs", and they are still available here.

Take care.

Brian Laws>Has anyone used plain adapters with taper lock bushes?

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Try "Sprockets Australia" in Footscray. They will have them if they are still made.

Tom

Reply to
Grumpy

Jim, I haven't had any trouble aligning pulleys with taperlocks. The collet will always bite on the shaft first, then the hub will pull in. This will normally be about 2-3mm. As an apprentice, I did break some, when trying to fit the collet to a shaft; it just split in half!. It's always wise to assemble the hub and collet loosely when fitting to the shaft. In operation, I have never seen a taper lock fail. I guess they are a little expensive, but the savings in assembly time, and simplified shaft ends outweigh this easily.

Dom.

Reply to
Dom