The ferro-lily

We were enjoying friends and neighbors at the lake this evening with a
bit of raucous banter. No alcohol involved this time, just pie and
coffee at Ted 'n Nancy's.
We've had fun ragging Dave since he lost control of a fancy new
riding mower on the hill, went right thru Barb's flower garden and
narrowly missed arriving upside down in the lake. it's a steep hill.
Barb was not happy about that(!) This was last year.
She mentioned tonight that one of her lilies somehow got knocked down.
Dave immediately said he didn't know nuthin' about no knocked down
lilies. Chorus of "yeah, yeah, yooo betcha."
There are tiger lilies, day lilies, calla lilies and easter lilies,
all vulnerable to lawnmowers. I'm gonna weld up a ferro lily and
present it to Barb as the only Dave-proof lily. 3/8" steel rod stem,
plasma-cut leaves and petals, painted with an air brush.
Pictures at 11 or whenever I get around to it.
Reply to
Don Foreman
But will you fix the mower after the "encounter"?
Reply to
Tim Wescott
He's thinking to small... he needs to build pop-up embassy style crash barriers with vehicle detectors buried a short distance out from the flower bed.
Reply to
Pete C.
Love it!
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
--Many moons ago I saw a guy who did shell molding of flowers by coating them with the shell, then burning out the flower B4 casting; it worked very well. Maybe something to try??
Reply to
steamer
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --Many moons ago I saw a guy who did shell molding of flo= wers by > coating them with the shell, then burning out the flower B4 casting; it > worked very well. Maybe something to try?? > > -- > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "Steamboat Ed" Haas =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 : =A0A human without = a critter =A0 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Hacking the Trailing Edge! =A0: =A0is incomplete.. > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0www.nmpproducts.com > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0---Decks a-wash in a sea of words-=
Reply to
stans4
But made to look like flowers, of course.
Reply to
Tim Wescott