The ferro-lily

We were enjoying friends and neighbors at the lake this evening with a bit of raucous banter. No alcohol involved this time, just pie and coffee at Ted 'n Nancy's.

We've had fun ragging Dave since he lost control of a fancy new riding mower on the hill, went right thru Barb's flower garden and narrowly missed arriving upside down in the lake. it's a steep hill.

Barb was not happy about that(!) This was last year.

She mentioned tonight that one of her lilies somehow got knocked down. Dave immediately said he didn't know nuthin' about no knocked down lilies. Chorus of "yeah, yeah, yooo betcha."

There are tiger lilies, day lilies, calla lilies and easter lilies, all vulnerable to lawnmowers. I'm gonna weld up a ferro lily and present it to Barb as the only Dave-proof lily. 3/8" steel rod stem, plasma-cut leaves and petals, painted with an air brush.

Pictures at 11 or whenever I get around to it.

Reply to
Don Foreman

But will you fix the mower after the "encounter"?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

He's thinking to small... he needs to build pop-up embassy style crash barriers with vehicle detectors buried a short distance out from the flower bed.

Reply to
Pete C.

Love it!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

--Many moons ago I saw a guy who did shell molding of flowers by coating them with the shell, then burning out the flower B4 casting; it worked very well. Maybe something to try??

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
stans4

But made to look like flowers, of course.

Reply to
Tim Wescott