The Gun Hatin Neighbor

"Dig a nice deep hole near your septic tank....and then dig a hole over your septic tank, and when your neighbor comes over and shoots close to the house..put a .22 LR in his ear. Then fill in the hole with him. Never say a word to anyone about it.to anyone. He simply disappears. Problem solved. Cops come over and investigate his disappearance..they might even dig up the septic tank because they will worry about him being inside. Let them. They may suspect, they may wonder..but they will never ever know."

Thats what the contents of a novel once suggested. I cant remember the title though.

Shrug

Gunner

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer." Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's a terrible thing to do. Tigers are so beautiful - and endangered too.

pyotr filipivich

Let him shoot all he wants but get it on video. If he shoots into the ground in the same general area, why not bury some reactive targets there?

Start shooting at 5 AM on Sunday? Shoot a few rounds every few hours all day? Get really big speakers pointed at his house and play horrible music for hours at a time? He obviously wants to escalate things. But, watch out for his breaking point.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Brain Candy!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

For now I just want to keep him going enough to catch him on video.

Today I got a suggestion, since his actions are so irrational, have a restraining order where he isn't allowed within so many yards of me or my residence. He wouldn't even be allowed to farm near my house. If I have some video tape of what he's doing it should help.

If I catch him transporting his weapon without a case and loaded, it's a felony and he'll lose his gun rights. Hopefully he'll end up without gun rights and won't be able to access his property within so many yards of my house.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

The 300 yards/100 yards seems to apply to hunting and trapping but not to shooting.

As far as I can tell, he's legal except that he's doing it to be a nuisance to try to interfere with my legal right to shoot.

I'll cut back on the shooting to try to please him but if he's going to make trouble when I shoot for an hour out of two months, then there is going to be trouble. If he shoots me he won't have to worry about neighbors shooting, just maybe the prison guards target practicing.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

You beat me to it....

Reply to
Gonadicus

He took the words right out of your mouth, it must have been while you were kissing him...

you can see paradise in his ass tonight.

Reply to
RogerN

Big difference from 1000 feet and 90 feet or less.

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer." Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"RogerN" wrote in news: _JOdnWxjovtalIfPnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

In order for that to work, Roger, you need to stop beating your chest long enough to go over and actually *talk* to your neighbor.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Really? Neighbor says my shooting is spooking his horses so I cut way back on shooting and move it to the other side of the house. Is that beating my chest? When I shoot, I check to make sure I wasn't spooking his horses, they were fine. He comes next to my house shooting at sunrise on Sunday and I stop shooting for 2 months. Is that beating my chest? The neighbor is the one having the problem with me shooting, and every time he has let me know, I have responded. If shooting 1 evening in 2 months is too much for him than I give up on trying to please him.

I'm sending him a letter, I would like trying shooting from different locations, maybe next to a wall or whatever, to see if it reduces the noise. And I'm also asking him if there is a preferred time I can shoot that wouldn't disturb him, maybe when they aren't home, or whenever.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Sounds like you have gone above and beyond your legal obligation to arrive at a compromise. The next step would be injunctive relief.

Good luck.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic