Tree Mill powerfeed not working

I have a Tree mill that has an integral table feed that has stopped working. The motor runs fine and the power rapid traverse works great. I have no manual or parts diagram. Any thoughts on how to tackle this?

regards, Jim

Reply to
JK

You either lost the switch or the low speed winding. Or a gear perhaps. Does the motor run ok at low speeds, but the table doesnt move? A gear.

Ive never opened up a Tree feed unit. Ill check one out next week in one of my customers shops. he may also have the manuals. Which model do you have?

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

Jim, I have a 2uvr that once did the same thing. I played with the speed selector and it works just fine now. I wondered if one of my kids had turned it too far or something. The high speed traverse and the drive speed must engage seperatley. Best of Luck. Corey

Reply to
Newb

Gunner,

I have a Tree 2UVR. This si like hav>>

will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."

Reply to
JK

Thanks Corey,

i tried fiddling with the selector, no dice. The handle on the x axis is hard to turn also. ? Maybe the nut is damaged??

regards, Jim

Reply to
JK

Ill swing into Deschners this week and see if they have the manual.

Gunner