Weight Bench Complete -- more photos

I finally finished the weight bench. I'll paint it later, after I use it awhile in case there are any mods. Following are links to a couple of pics.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Pete, I am awed. Great bench. I am going to make a weight rack some time soon.

Ignoramus5858

Nice job.

Looks like an olympic bar. Kinda big for what looks like a small space? Mebbe a 5' or 6' bar would be more navigable? Also, 1" plates are a little more manageable, more easily purchased, poss. cheaper. Also, that nice floor will not stay so nice w/ plates strewn on them. Put carpet squares on either side for resting plates, or better, put the whole bench on carpet.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Thanks, Ig. Yeah, I need to do one of those too, as you can tell by all the weights laying around on the floor.

My youngest son has signed up with the Marines. He should go to boot camp at the end of May if he gets in good enough shape. I sure didn't know he was going to do that when I started this project, but we both needed to get in shape.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Pete, I will try to make a compact rack that could take quite a few weights. I hope that your son stays alive and well and keeps his sanity.

Ignoramus5858

Thanks for the thoughts, Ig. I'll be praying a lot the next four+ years.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Very nice work on that. Looks very professional.

Reply to
marc.britten

hey Pete why not weld some 1" round stock ( or whatever the bore of the weights are) to the rack and hang the weights from the bench. nice job Bri

Reply to
brian c

Nice job. And a guard dog as well! :-) Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Pete Keillor wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Very nicely done, Pete!

Reply to
Don Foreman

That's a good idea. Some commercial units (squat racks, etc) do that as well. Done right, it also makes it easier to load/unload plates on the bar.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®