Welding - gas mixer?

I have a tank of Argon - 100%, and a tank of CO2 - 100%.

Ernie's answer to Don Foreman's recent thread suggested 25 AR and 75 CO2. So is there some kind of mixing valve where I could hook up the two tanks and get blended gas out?

This would only be for occasional use, I'd just get a blended tank for a big job.


Reply to
Karl Townsend
Loading thread data ...

Do you have regulators and flow meters for each tank? If so just connect the lines out of the flow meters to a "y" and then on to your solenoid valve. Then adjust the flow meters for the desired ratio.

Reply to

OK while gasses are flowing, but mightn't you get a slug of mystery gas in the lines when the valve was closed? Perhaps there should be a solenoid valve for each gas before the lines are joined?

Reply to
Don Foreman

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.