What is it? CL

Here is the largest photo that I have that shows the end of the word, doesn't appear to be an R after the U, clicking on the image should make it bigger:

And a larger shot of the other side:

The needle was spring returned to the zero position, and it took light pressure on the small rod to move it. The photos that are on my site were cleaned up, especially the front side; the pictures on the links above are unmodified, notice the dark dots in the graph and by the numbers, I don't think they're meaningful, but someone was asking about wear marks so I thought they might want to see the unaltered photos.

I've got a couple emails that I plan to send to some tool collectors in the next day or two concerning this tool, hopefully one of them will recognize it.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

notice the dark dots in the graph and by the numbers, I don't

Could the scale on the side be a calibration chart, similar to that used on RF components today?

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl